• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com's fantasy start 'em/sit 'em

JawnyBlaze

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap1000000242247/article/start-em-sit-em-running-backs-for-week-2

Carolina gets a bit of respect in this week's start 'em/sit 'em.  Smitty and Deangelo both get thumbs up while Manuel and Stevie Johnson get thumbs down, both citing Carolina's improved defense as the reason.  No mentions of other players outside of those four.

Matthew Berry over at ESPN also gave Carolina some props.

QBs I love:

Cam Newton, Panthers: The Bills' secondary is still banged up, and Buffalo ain't Seattle. I mean, they both have gloomy weather. And they like coffee in both places. And kids wore flannel when they played music in the '90s in each city. Neither has won a Super Bowl. Now that I think about it, they might as well be the same place, except for one key difference. One of them won't stop Cam Newton on Sunday. Just in case you were worried.

RBs I hate:

C.J. Spiller, Bills: "What?!? Berry, you jerk. You said he'd have a monster year, you ranked him top three and now you're flip-flopping? You ..." Hold on, Internet tough guy. I still believe. He'll be a top-five fantasy back before all is said and done and you're starting him this week, OK? Don't get cute. But I list him because I have him outside my top 10. The Panthers' defense is for reals, you guys. Not only did they hold the Seahawks to 2.7 yards per carry but, over the past five regular-season games, no team has allowed fewer rushing yards (57 per game) and rushing touchdowns (one in five games) than, yes, your Carolina Panthers. I wouldn't be thinking of using Spiller in a cap game or in Eliminator this week.

I drafted the Panthers D in the last round in both my leagues.  I can't think of a game on our schedule that I wouldn't start them for.  NE doesn't look as scary after two games as they usually do.  ATL and NO might score points, but we should make up for it in sacks, INTs and (dare I say it) DEF TDs.  The only team that really gives me pause is SF.

Archived