• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers claim TE from Jets off waivers

I kinda feel like his agent since I've pimped hi in this thread, but I have to say those numbers don't look half bad.

Shuttle, 3, cone, and 40 show he's decently quick VL looks decent.

BP isn't much of a factor because the one variable that's easily improved in the pro's is upper body strength.

I kinda feel like his agent since I've pimped hi in this thread, but I have to say those numbers don't look half bad.

Shuttle, 3, cone, and 40 show he's decently quick VL looks decent.

BP isn't much of a factor because the one variable that's easily improved in the pro's is upper body strength.

Check those numbers against our three TEs we have and get back to me. From what I remember he is slower than all three of him and not that athletic. Still it is likely worth bringing him to camp to see if he is better than his numbers suggest.

Check those numbers against our three TEs we have and get back to me. From what I remember he is slower than all three of him and not that athletic. Still it is likely worth bringing him to camp to see if he is better than his numbers suggest.

I totally agree on paper he's no better, I'm not coming anywhere close to saying he will stick. We're totally linked up as far as what could, or could not be.

My take was from the perspective, he may be coming in to compete, not just fodder.

Makes me wonder if Rosario has had a back surgery that turned out like mine did. Before surgery I could run 10 miles and bench over 300 lbs and I was 50 y/o. After two surgeries it makes my back hurt just typing that! Donte may not be able to play again and the front office is preparing for it. I hope I'm wrong.

Makes me wonder if Rosario has had a back surgery that turned out like mine did. Before surgery I could run 10 miles and bench over 300 lbs and I was 50 y/o. After two surgeries it makes my back hurt just typing that! Donte may not be able to play again and the front office is preparing for it. I hope I'm wrong.

I wish I was in as good of health at nearly 40 as you were at 50, It sucks you broke down a bit, but major kudos's for staying that active. I hope your back isn't hindering you to much.

Back injuriies as you note can go well or leave you worse off then before the surgery. For every Joe Montana who comes back from back surgery, there are likely just as many who don't.

That was my first thought which is Rosario is not able to start camp. It wouldn't shock me if he's held out a portion of camp, possibly PUPed or put on injured reserve.

Something is up. I don't think at a time when the team is trying to trim a couple of people to get the draftees signed, they would sign "camp body" just for depth.

I hope he's alright.

As of this point, we have five TEs on roster, one more than the team usually carries into camp.

(FYI: team roster lists him as 6'4, 256)

There's been no official word on Rosario's health, so the notion that this guy could just be a "place holder" may be valid. There is also the possibility that one of the extra TEs (Rosario being the most likely candidate) could be offered in trade to somebody for a draft pick or depth player the team wants.

Three more players will need to be let go in one way or another before camp starts, so we'll see what happens.

Archived