• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1: 24 of 28 Teams so far....

Newtcase

Would have won with their defense holding the opposition to 12 points.

The only four that would have lost... Us obviously, Cleveland (10), Jacksonville (2), and Pittsburgh (9)

With the historical exception of Pittsburgh, that's some bad company yo.  Maybe Houston holds San Diego under 12, but at worst I see 27 teams putting up enough to cover a 12 point defensive effort.

Shame on this offense, shame on Shula, shame on Rivera, fugging shame on anyone involved in 7 points.  I don't want to hear about Seattle's defense, they were down two of their best defensive players and our makeshit offensive line still pushed them around pretty good up front.  Seattle's defense didn't hold us to 7, we held us to 7.

Rant over.

So let me try and follow your rationale here...you're going under the assumption that every team would've scored at LEAST as much as they did this week if they were up against Seattle's defense?  So you think Geno Smith and the Jets would have scored over 12 against these Seahawks?  How about Oakland?  I would like to see that..

You can't just discount the fact that we played one of the top defenses in the league because it helps prove your point better...yeah yeah I know, they were down a couple solid players (really just pass-rushers).  Considering our offense today resembled somewhat of a quick-passing West Coast offense, I'm not so sure that the extra pass rush would've affected the outcome much.

I think we're all a little spoiled by the Chud offense that relied on explosive play after explosive play.  So transitioning to this one seems like a major buzzkill...but it's much more efficient if you look at it objectively.  Collectively we averaged about 5 ypc and Cam completed 70% of his passes.  Sure the yardage wasn't there and we only put up 7 points on the board, but compare how many 3 and outs we had this game to how many we'd consistently have game-after-game last year.  If this was Chud's offense, we would go 3 and out, 3 and out, get a 30-yard completion good for one 1st down and then punt it after 2 read-options and an incomplete streak to Steve, 3 and out...etc. etc.  By sustaining decent drives today, we could at least keep our D off the field longer, keeping them fresh to wreak havoc on Wilson.  Surely you can't contribute ALL of our consistently awesome pass rush and run D today solely to the addition of Star up there...I think actually giving the D a breather from time to time helped a lot.  And we did sustain a lot of good drives...how many times did we make it to midfield only to stall out and punt it on 4th and short?  With just a little better execution, we could've at the very least put up a few field goals.

I think Shula needs to dial things up a bit more (or Cam dial things up more if the conservative throws were on him), but for the most part I prefer this offense a hell of a lot more than Chud's.  I think Shula/Cam will hopefully take a lot from this game in order to really establish an identity on offense.  Would you guys rather have the coaches right off the bat put everything on Cam's back like it has been the last couple years; or have them gradually put more and more on his plate until he is perfectly comfortable in this offense?  I know it seems like the coaches should know by now what Cam is capable of...but our offensive philosophy is obviously changing quite a bit from Chud to Shula.  I think our offense is going to look a little lackluster the first few games unfortunately (at least in terms of explosive plays), but I think come Week 5 (after our bye), things will start looking much better for the most part.  I'm just hoping our D can carry us for the next couple games until then...

This is really just starting to get out of hand... I can't believe some of the poo you guys have been posting.. either we have zero football IQ or we think our madden games set the bar. Just imagine if we did have a game like the jags 0.o At least then it'd be warranted.

Cam said that Shula called the long passes but Newton didn't throw them.  If anything blame the Seattle pass rush. We had guys open deep, it isn't Shula's fault that Newton dumped it off.  And it isn't Newton's fault he didn't have the time or the confidence to throw it deep.  That takes time to develop.

Shame on this offense, shame on Shula, shame on Rivera, fugging shame on anyone involved in 7 points.  I don't want to hear about Seattle's defense, they were down two of their best defensive players and our makeshit offensive line still pushed them around pretty good up front.  Seattle's defense didn't hold us to 7, we held us to 7.

Rant over.

Freudian slip lol

Archived