• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No #2 WR today.....

CardiacCats

that's absolutely a bad thing.

it makes you timid, it leads to being obsessed with not making a mistake, and quite often leads to making even more mistakes.

we won't win games with that. he'll never live up to his potential with that. it needs to change.

you want to know what superman's kryptonite is? it's that.

Absolutely agree. If a quarterback becomes unsure of himself it can, and likely will, ruin them. You start second-guessing yourself and you either:

A. Hold on to the ball too long and some bad poo happens

or

B. Never go for the big play due to fear of a mistake, and nothing good ever really happens

I hope to God this hasn't happened to Cam.  He needs that balls-to-the-wall confidence bordering on arrogance he's been known for if he's going to be great.  That Brett Favre mentality.  That's the type of QB he is and he doesn't need to stray from it.  It's great that he's shown he's improved his short-medium throw accuracy and decision making, but not at the cost of where he really shines:

The big play factor.

you have Smitty, Oslen, LaFell on the field at the same time...  I know for a fact 2 of them were on the defenses radar...  Didn't get to see enough to watch LaFell (my bad), but do agree he should have had more catches in that stat column.  I also saw a major play where I think he was wide open and Cam missed him.. 

Yeah that was our only true down field shot. I wish we had a few more.

I don't think Lafell did anything wrong but I didn't key in on him that much.

no one talking about this?  LaFell didn't have a single catch, Cam had to go to Olsen and Smith all day.  No #2 threat killed us today.

Greg is the number two.  Has been since he arrived and will be until Lafell or somebody else unseats him.

sorry this does not fit in your little box but its getting pretty common (see NO, SF, NE, SD, Dallas, etc)

when #2 drops the ball in two critical situations he no longer opens up routes for #'s 3 & 4

when #2 drops the ball in two critical situations QB1 loses faith in throwing deep to everyone and that naturally eliminates #'s 3 & 4 from stellar performances

Archived