• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Chud's in Cleveland and We're Going to Leave Him There" DWill

rscott94

I don't know what games some of you were watching but the player are telling the truth.

1. No traditional Run Game.

2. Cam not being able to audible out of bad plays.

3. Cam being in the Shot gun more in the red zone then under center.

4. Vertical pass plays when it was clear the OLine couldn't block that long for those plays early in the season.

5. Forgetting you had weapons like Tolbert and Barnige most of the year.

6. Being to cute with the play calling. Way to many trick plays not enough smash mouth.

Smitty even gave a perfect example

He mentioned specifically the Chicago game, a 23-22 loss in which Carolina passed out of the shotgun on consecutive plays from the Bears' 4-yard line.

"We have nice stout backs in there,'' said Smith, suggesting Carolina should have pounded the ball in. "I'm not making it up. It's not personal. It's business. It's a fact.''

How many of you remember this?? Lead to a pick six  when we had dominated that whole game and I was saying the same thing.

"Why the fug aren't we pounding the ball." Their defense had been on the field all (due to all the Sacks, 3 and outs, and TO on the Bears offense) game and was wearing down. But No Chud had to still be cute with the playcalling.

if carolina's offense stinks it up this season like it did in the preason, was chud the problem, is shula a problem, or...is it time to really take a good look at the players?

Most of the time its coaching. Look what Jim did for SF and Fox did for Denver. Yet Atlanta and Houston sit with tons of talent yet never go anywhere with it.

Lol barnidge is a weapon

We've got the older/slower version of him in Hartsock.

Barnidge: Entered the NFL in 2008.

Receptions: 18

Receiving yards: 320

Receiving TD's: 1

Hartsock: Entered the NFL in 2004.

Receptions: 31

Receiving yards: 312

Receiving TD's: 1

Chud drew up great plays. Unfortunately he also seemed to draw these plays out of a hat during the game instead of calling a play based on the down and distance. That's a BIG reason why we were good at picking up big yardage but bad at closing out games. 1st and goal from the 5 yd line, we go all shotgun and 4 wide. 3rd and 1 at the opponents 35 we heave for the endzone. What the offense is clicking and in rhythm? Time for the wildcat followed by the read option. Add in a BIG dose of Mike Martz(meaning you call plays with all deep routes and no checkdown regardless of your oline talent) and it makes it very hard to win games like that.But for splash plays and big yardage numbers he's awesome.

Didn't like our offense or play calls...those are different.

28 games define what the Chud O was more so than the 4 everyone only talks about. Williams fits an old school offense....Stewart never complained. He fit and when healthy saw tons of snaps.

It may not fit your stock narrative regarding DWill and Stew, but J Stew did, in fact, complain.

During one of James Anderson's google hangouts last year, someone asked a question about Stew's preferences between I-formation and read option plays. His answer indicated that it was a sensitive subject and he didn't want to go into more detail. It didn't take a rocket scientist to understand that he didn't really like the running plays being called, and that it was a source of controversy on the team.

It may not fit your stock narrative regarding DWill and Stew, but J Stew did, in fact, complain.

During one of James Anderson's google hangouts last year, someone asked a question about Stew's preferences between I-formation and read option plays. His answer indicated that it was a sensitive subject and he didn't want to go into more detail. It didn't take a rocket scientist to understand that he didn't really like the running plays being called, and that it was a source of controversy on the team.

Would you rather have an offense that scored TDs and yards or a less productive one RBs talked highly of?

Overall, Chud took Norv's old offense and tweaked it around Cam. I got no issue with that, it worked.

I was on the Chud sucked bandwagon early 2011....bc his situational play calling was horrible. That is coaching. The rest was just the talent being talent.

Chud had good and bad to him. As founding member of the Chud was an overrated boob bandwagon....he is being scapegoated. Offensive was something we could of been better at...bigger problems out there. Too much being made out of how we ran....when we should of run is always more important

Jamie Dukes was on WFNZ and i agree with his opinion. We have the pieces on paper. BUT we have Shula and that means........... probably less of an offensive output than Chud.

Yeah, people are about to get less of Cam and more of RBs. That will be less offense. I do expect better situational playcalls so hopefully that will be big

Archived