• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Chud's in Cleveland and We're Going to Leave Him There" DWill

rscott94

I really disagree with your sentiment on this bro. I think that Shula is going to be a Great OC for us.

He knows these players better than anybody else,

He knows Cams tendencies better than anybody else

He has way more talent than he did in TB

He's had time to reflect and knows the public perception of him as an OC (which he'll correct)

And most importantly imo he saw first hand last year with Chud at the helm, what can happen when you try too hard and things don't work. I think this was a great hire.

I could be wrong... But imo there is NO excuse why he shouldn't be very very successful with the personnel he has been given.

If I end up being wrong, well... Then it will have been another bad year. I think bad years are over with for a long time tbh... We'll experience them again sometime in the future, but we're done with bad years for a while.

Life isn't Rudy. Nobody wills their way to victory.

There is the chance he turns it around but i'm not betting that someone who has shown multiple times he's not up to the job will suddenly be up to the job.

Can't blame DeAngelo for being bitter about Chud, tried to turn him into a read-option back and then benched him for performance after only giving him an avg. of 6 carries a game. 

It's funny how much better DeAngelo got (and how many more games we won) when we went back to doing what he was good at. 

If we hadn't seen this with Chud before, I'd be skeptical... but one year Derek Anderson was in the friggin pro bowl and the next year the Browns offense was a joke and he was getting released. 

Chud seems to be really good at designing an offense and terrible at sustaining or continuing to evolve the offense he designs, it's like he gets caught in his own web. 

I like how the angle of the panthers offense this entire offseason was that the last guy who walked out the door was the problem

No maybe you didn't do very well the last two years because you suck and are just soaking up cap like a sponge because you peaked years ago and for some reason Marty didn't want you to underachieve anywhere else, like Dallas, where it would've been really funny

My take?

Chud played his cards to the strength of his best player. Generated franchise best production.

The former best players didn't like it. But they aren't the key anymore.

Should he have been more balanced? Sure... but situational playing was a bigger issue than our offense as a whole

Archived