• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Those pesky facts, always getting in the way and ruining things.

How it is a fact. It's strictly an opinion. Bc we'll for one u aren't in control of that. And also bc you don't know what will happen. New staff could come in and start him for all we know. You sir don't know what lies ahead. And that is a fact

Who had more drops this preseason?

Who had more problems lining up in the right place?

You have a guy that is dropping passes in practice and dropping passes in the preseason.  By your own metric Armanti out performed him having a higher YPC and no drops.

Just because another guy got more snaps and therefore had more catches =/= he had more production.

BTW, just for history's sake, the reason Rodney Peete started over Jake is because he had just been given an extension after starting 14 games the season before.

The staff was eager to play Jake over Peete because he was outperforming him in practice.  That is why Rodney Peete got exactly one half to prove himself before he was yanked for Jake.

As a matter of fact there were some that thought Peete should start even though Jake was outperforming him because Jake had only thrown 86 passes in his career and only had 3 TDs and 5 picks and had not looked like an NFL QB in his limited time (which is why he had to go to Europe) whereas Peete had proven himself as a capable starter the previous season.

1. Who didn't play in preseason at all (except 5 snaps in one game)??

2. Both have been here the same amount of time. Who has the better numbers while not playing for 2 years?

3. He got more snaps for a reason. He actually played. It use to be a minus when you miss time while injured while needing to prove you belonged on the team.

4. Jake was brought here to be the starter. We won a bidding war against Dallas to get him. He was so bad in TC and Preseason Rodney won the starting job by default. Then Jake did what he did in the 2nd half of the the Jags game and the rest is history.

You obviously just became a fan not knowing this.

But that had yet to come. The panthers could resign him. You don't know. There ya go again. We won't know until later on

Please provide me with your expert analysis on specifically why you think they will resign a guy who couldn't beat out a player who missed most of training camp and preseason, and a QB to WR convert in his third year.

Please provide me with your expert analysis on specifically why you think they will resign a guy who couldn't beat out a player who missed most of training camp and preseason, and a QB to WR convert in his third year.

Once again, I didn't say they would. I said they COULD. That's the point. You don't know what the future holds. It's very likely that they won't but for you to be GM on a message board bc You know it all and say what will and won't happen is initiating.

Once again, I didn't say they would. I said they COULD. That's the point. You don't know what the future holds. It's very likely that they won't but for you to be GM on a message board bc You know it all and say what will and won't happen is initiating.

You say they could but then say they likely won't. I'm sorry, but you are making absolutely no sense.

2. Both have been here the same amount of time. Who has the better numbers while not playing for 2 years?

3. He got more snaps for a reason. He actually played. It use to be a minus when you miss time while injured while needing to prove you belonged on the team.

4. Jake was brought here to be the starter. We won a bidding war against Dallas to get him. He was so bad in TC and Preseason Rodney won the starting job by default. Then Jake did what he did in the 2nd half of the the Jags game and the rest is history.

If I just became a fan how would I have known that Jake completed 24 of 37 passes (65%) and had 2 TDs and 0 INTs in the 2003 preseason in which we only scored 8 TDs as a team?

Didn't realize that was "so bad"  was it so much worse than the Rodney Peete performance against Green Bay that year when in the first half he led us to 0 points 4 punts and threw a pick?

Was that better than Jake's 11/11 2 TD performance in the final preseason game against Pittsburgh?

Or the fact Rodney Peete, (I don't believe) led us to any TD drives in the preseason that year?

If Jake was brought here to start, why even extend Rodney Peete before the season. 

Thanks for the revisionist history though and thanks for the condescension about when someone did or did not become a fan based on evidence that was incorrect.

Obviously you just became a fan not remembering these things.  ;)

You say they could but then say they likely won't. I'm sorry, but you are making absolutely no sense.

Ok let me retard it down for you. If they so choose they can resign him if they want to. Or they could choose not too. It's their choice not yours. So therefore you don't know what is gonna happen. That good buddy?

Jake outplayed Rodney in preseason. lol

Jake was 25/37 "67.8 completion percentage" for 267 yards with 2 touchdowns and no picks. He lead the team in all of those stats and had the highest QB rating on the team. 

The reason Jake didn't start the opener is because John Fox is John fox and you have to loose your position on the team, it can't be taken from you. Rodney didn't do anything to loose his job, there fore he kept it. 

Ok let me retard it down for you. If they so choose they can resign him if they want to. Or they could choose not too. It's their choice not yours. So therefore you don't know what is gonna happen. That good buddy?

You've still yet to give me that expert analysis with specific listed reasons on why you think they should resign him.

You've still yet to give me that expert analysis with specific listed reasons on why you think they should resign him.

Wow you just can't comprehend can you. I NEVER SAID THEY WOULD OR SHOULD RESIGN HIM. THEY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY AND A CHOICE. They have the option to do so. Quit being a know it all and saying they won't. Bc you don't know what they will do. They could cut Steve smith tomorrow. You don't know. Please tell me you understand now. I just don't think I can explain it again. I'm really not trying to be mean but lord

Archived