• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Either we're getting bad info about the way he was released or he was picked up, or he was given an injury settlement

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2013/08/david-gettis-panthers-final-cuts-nfl.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Panthers' final cuts included just a couple of surprises, marked by the releases of veteran cornerback Drayton Florence, a free agent acquisition during the offseason, and wideout David Gettis, who was waived-injured.

1. Gettis had 10 catches for 100+ yards in the preseason while AE had 2 for 35.

Gettis while not playing for 2 years has more production then AE.

2. I've already stated I put more weight on what you do against outside competition then what you do against Teammates. This is my opinion and it will never change. It is different thing facing guys not allowed to hit you then guys that are.

3. Cam isn't a good practice player. AI was never a good practice player and never liked practice.

Jake wasn't a starter his 1st game here because Rodney Peete was a better practice player. How did that work out again??

I really didnt care which one they kept, but of course gettis was more productive in preseason. He was on the field at least 3x as much.

Archived