• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

When did I say he was the only one?

The Panthers are all I've ever known. I was only 4 when the first game was played.

Sorry.  It just seem like you've never seen this before.

Kesier was a big thread. Letting Pep walk was a big Thread. Letting Moose walk was a big thread.

Kasey being cut was a big thread. The Matt Moore Vs Jimmy Clausen wars were thread after thread after thread.

Every Fan base does this.

You should have seen TAFT the Falcon Board when they cut Vick. They had to shut it down for weeks.

This 40+ pages are nothing compare to other I've seen.

Yes Gettis participated in training camp, and by all accounts played poorly.

You keep saying "AE only looked good in shorts against his own teammates".  Well what does it say about Gettis that he didn't even look good in shorts against his own teammates?

One last question, do you think it is intelligent to keep players who are playing poorly in practice based on production three seasons ago?

It says that some players are game players and not practice players, and Gettis had more success this preseason than Edwards has had in his entire career.

It says that some players are game players and not practice players, and Gettis had more success this preseason than Edwards has had in his entire career.

Honestly in the one game that Edwards played, he did really well. He was open consistently and made a few clutch third down catches. 

Sorry. It just seem like you've never seen this before.

Kesier was a big thread. Letting Pep walk was a big Thread. Letting Moose walk was a big thread.

Kasey being cut was a big thread. The Matt Moore Vs Jimmy Clausen wars were thread after thread after thread.

Every Fan base does this.

You should have seen TAFT the Falcon Board when they cut Vick. They had to shut it down for weeks.

This 40+ pages are nothing compare to other I've seen.

LOL @ comparing David Gettis getting cut to letting Peppers, Kasay, or Moose leave.

Credibility = gone.

It's amazing how some guys knock gettis for making plays against "car lot managers" these guys get paid too and when your put on the field idc if it's your own mother you beat her like a drum if you want a roster spot and that's what gettis did, it's also being ignored, while he did line up wrong he did have two or three illegal contact penalties that extended our drives with the ones.......if he performed so bad in TC and practice he would have been cut a long time ago not after his performance this preseason.....i'm going to be a 100% honest IF he was cut for some loyalty bs like some are assuming RR doesn't deserve a head coaching job here,we just got rid of a guy who weighed us don't 4 years because of that crap

Honestly in the one game that Edwards played, he did really well. He was open consistently and made a few clutch third down catches. 

He did really well.... for Armanti. Which was still average to below average for a WR. Two catches. Gettis didn't log less than 3 in any game he's played this year, including some in heavy traffic across the middle while taking some hard hits.

Neither of them make any valuable contribution to the team and should both be gone, imo, but if you line them up, even with all of his problems with the playbook, Gettis has been a better receiver for the Panthers than Edwards.

Yes Gettis participated in training camp, and by all accounts played poorly.

You keep saying "AE only looked good in shorts against his own teammates".  Well what does it say about Gettis that he didn't even look good in shorts against his own teammates?

One last question, do you think it is intelligent to keep players who are playing poorly in practice based on production three seasons ago?

1. Gettis had 10 catches for 100+ yards in the preseason while AE had 2 for 35.

Gettis while not playing for 2 years has more production then AE.

2. I've already stated I put more weight on what you do against outside competition then what you do against Teammates. This is my opinion and it will never change. It is different thing facing guys not allowed to hit you then guys that are.

3. Cam isn't a good practice player. AI was never a good practice player and never liked practice.

Jake wasn't a starter his 1st game here because Rodney Peete was a better practice player. How did that work out again??

He did really well.... for Armanti. Which was still average to below average for a WR. Two catches. Gettis didn't log less than 3 in any game he's played this year.

Neither of them make any valuable contribution to the team and should both be gone, imo, but if you line them up, even with all of his problems with the playbook, Gettis has been a better receiver for the Panthers than Edwards.

Not disagreeing or agreeing, but if Anderson had found him he could have had 5 or 6 catches in the game he played. That's how often he got open. 

Or we paid an injury settlement to release him.

Who knows? You could be right. I'm just waiting for the press conference at this point

Brenton Bersin from Wofford made the PS.... He's got ties to JR though, so I don't know how much of this is talent or a hook up.... Wasn't at TC... Anybody that was there have any insight

Archived