• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

I've said when you don't have solid option you need more options on the roster.

And again I'll admit I'm worried about this WR position this year. I was just more scared about our DT position at draft time.

I was the one screaming draft Hopkins but if Star can play every game like he did against the Ravens the I like the pick. Somebody that can stop the running back before he gets going.

I'm concerned about the future of the WR position but I believe for this year we have enough to contend. But players are going to have to step it up. Lafell can't drop passesw on 3rd and long(I think Cam missed Ginn for a td on that play) and Edwards is going to have to make some plays as well. I think Hixon will be a solid target if he stays healthy.

Next year with nobody under contract but Steve Smith worries me.

I'm truly surprised to come into a David Gettis thread and find the usual pieces of poo trashing Edwards instead of realizing that their main squeeze from 2010 poo the bed and couldn't nudge out the same player they're trashing.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the guy who lost a camp battle to one-legged Hixon, stone hands Ginn and Armanti Edwards. We've got a coach who has to win now and a GM in his first year who has about 400 years of personnel eval, I'm sure they're just shooting from the heart and never liked poor little David.  It couldn't have anything to do with camp performance. Didn't they see Gettis make that snag against the future Hertz renta-car manager?? Don't they realize that Armanti sucks??

What's funny is most of you had Gettlemans penis so far down your throat that you couldn't bend one of your legs 2 days ago.  Now.. "hmm.. i really have some questions about where this here franchise is going hurrrrr". fuging dipshits.

Ban away.

Nobody is trashing Edwards just stating facts and worries.

It's not his fault he was drafted in the 2nd round.

It's not his fault he hasn't proven to be a WR yet.

But everybody can express concern about how this situation was handled.

Hixon practice 2 times at TC and played in 1 Preseason game.

AE did well in TC but only played 1 preseason game and still has a question can he be a WR when he isn't going against Teammates.

Gettis practice in TC missing no time and made plays in 3 preseason games.

Plain and simple this looks like it wasn't a fair competition from the start and it didn't matter what Gettis did. He would not have made this team.

I was the one screaming draft Hopkins but if Star can play every game like he did against the Ravens the I like the pick. Somebody that can stop the running back before he gets going.

I'm concerned about the future of the WR position but I believe for this year we have enough to contend. But players are going to have to step it up. Lafell can't drop passesw on 3rd and long(I think Cam missed Ginn for a td on that play) and Edwards is going to have to make some plays as well. I think Hixon will be a solid target if he stays healthy.

Next year with nobody under contract but Steve Smith worries me.

I'm all about getting Cam protection and Weapons all offseason. I promise buddy you won't hear me fighting against doing this at all.

AE did well in TC but only played 1 preseason game and still has a question can he be a WR when he isn't going against Teammates.

Plain and simple this looks like it wasn't a fair competition from the start and it didn't matter what Gettis did. He would not have made this team.

I think Gettis' injury is more serious than anyone here thinks it is...this is the ONLY thing that would make sense at this point.

We all "assume" that he "tweaked" it during pre game... But I think it's worse than this, and that's why he's not on the squad. His production earned him a spot...

I think we will find out very soon and this 42 page fiasco will have been all for nothing

Are you serious you think Gettis is the only player this happens for??

How long have you've been a Panther/football fans??

This will never end. There will always be a player that some in the fan base thinks got shafted.

When did I say he was the only one?

The Panthers are all I've ever known. I was only 4 when the first game was played.

I think Gettis' injury is more serious than anyone here thinks it is...this is the ONLY thing that would make sense at this point.

We all "assume" that he "tweaked" it during pre game... But I think it's worse than this, and that's why he's not on the squad. His production earned him a spot...

I think we will find out very soon and this 42 page fiasco will have been all for nothing

We will see but when we started Camp you had Pat Y, Person, and JJ talking like Gettis never had a chance and the FO had moved on.

Now the way it played out makes it seem like they were right.

I'm truly surprised to come into a David Gettis thread and find the usual pieces of poo trashing Edwards instead of realizing that their main squeeze from 2010 poo the bed and couldn't nudge out the same player they're trashing.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the guy who lost a camp battle to one-legged Hixon, stone hands Ginn and Armanti Edwards. We've got a coach who has to win now and a GM in his first year who has about 400 years of personnel eval, I'm sure they're just shooting from the heart and never liked poor little David. It couldn't have anything to do with camp performance. Didn't they see Gettis make that snag against the future Hertz renta-car manager?? Don't they realize that Armanti sucks??

What's funny is most of you had Gettlemans penis so far down your throat that you couldn't bend one of your legs 2 days ago. Now.. "hmm.. i really have some questions about where this here franchise is going hurrrrr". fuging dipshits.

Ban away.

citizen_cane.gif

Yes Gettis participated in training camp, and by all accounts played poorly.

You keep saying "AE only looked good in shorts against his own teammates".  Well what does it say about Gettis that he didn't even look good in shorts against his own teammates?

One last question, do you think it is intelligent to keep players who are playing poorly in practice based on production three seasons ago?

Archived