• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Personality and locker room play into the players that get cut as well, also all coaches have guys they like. Prohel might not have liked the work that Gettis put in, maybe Gettleman didn't think he was doing enough to keep a spot away from Hixon. Maybe just maybe, Gettis looked bad enough in practices and camp that his pre season game film against 3rd stringers wasn't enough to keep a spot on the team for him since Edwards was showing so much promise.

Also Ginn running wrong routes after a few months isn't no way near as bad as not lining up correctly in your third season in the same offense.... 

The decision likely came down to who Prohel liked and wanted to stick with the team and Prohel likes Edwards.. Position coaches have a large say in who get's drafted and stays on the team at said position. 

You might be right. But this move begs for other players to be brought in.

I hate having my hopes in Never did nothing (Edwards) always Injured (Hixon) and questionable intelligence and hands (Ginn) type players.

Ginn hasn't been in this offense for two years, and if you look back at my comments after that game I was VERY adamant that if he couldn't run his routes he had no business being on the field.

I don't take this stuff personal FP. You are an extremely well-informed guy and one of the better football minds we have here. That being said, that entire post was just picking on some of the ridiculous arguments being made here going out of their way to trash Gettis and praise Rivera and Co. We don't know what happened, so really it is all pointless, I'm just trying to present the possibility that Gettis wasn't just some careless, stupid slacker.

Truth is, Gettis is done here. I don't like it, and I don't agree with it, but we have to move forward with what we have.

Archived