• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

If it makes you feel better. Was Keek playing in Atlanta?

Feel free to ignore anything that pokes holes in your anti-Gettis agenda, you know, like the whole entirety of my last post, lol.

there is no anti-gettis agenda. i wanted him to succeed, he didn't but not because of the conspiracy that you are saying.

Sarcasm, making fun of poster's saying the only way to loose your job is to cost the team games. Edwards two key plays were clutch plays that directly lead to winning those two games... Hence he not only hasn't lost two games but he's directly responsible for winning two means he has a lead with Rivera because he's a Prohel and Rivera players. lol 

With that said, Lafell hasn't shown a whole lot and is the #2 and Hixon is always hurt, Ginn Jr. is a ST player and Edwards is the work hard slot guy that's more shifty and quick then fast. Gettis couldn't beat that group out because he looked that damn bad in practice and camp. 

That should tell you something right there.... 

Exactly so having more option at WR would have been a smart move no matter who the 6th Wr is.

As much as I liked him, this is kind of a relief. Tired of posters and fans in general hanging their hearts on players cause of their names/memories. Want people who can produce right now, tired of waiting for injured players to heal and projects to figure it the fug out.

Are you serious you think Gettis is the only player this happens for??

How long have you've been a Panther/football fans??

This will never end. There will always be a player that some in the fan base thinks got shafted.

there is no anti-gettis agenda. i wanted him to succeed, he didn't but not because of the conspiracy that you are saying.

Where have I mentioned a conspiracy? You use that term to just write off any logical explanation presented as to why he wasn't given the opportunities under Rivera.

This thread is full of names of players that many here have questioned as to why they have their spot unchallenged. And looking st Rivera's history here, forgive me if I don't wholeheartedly buy into what he has been selling. As far as coaches go, he has done some extremely stupid things that in all of my years of following and watching football, I have never seen a coach do. So, I question his decisions.

It is entirely possible that Rivera just did not care for Gettis personality-wise. Do I know that? NO. But, based on what we've seen from all the other WRs on the roster, I am convinced this wasn't a football decision alone. Then again, with Rivera as coach, I wouldn't trust his"football decisions" anyway. So I guess this argument is pointless.

I also have to agree with Proudiddy.

Based on stories before TC by beat writers it seem like Gettis not being here was a forgone conclusion.

Then Hixon missed most of TC and Armanti plays in 1 preseason games and they both make the team.

While Gettis makes it thru TC and Plays 3 preseason game (being the leading WR) and he still gets cut???

Really??

I think with the huge question marks at WR position behind Smitty and Lafell. Hixon (health risk) Edwards (still not proven he can be a WR in actually game time) and Ginn (questionable hands). I thought having 6 Wr would have been a better move then 6 Cb.

You mean the same Ginn that repeatedly ran the wrong route with Derek Anderson in preseason game two?

That's it! Ginn is a slacker! A dummy! Stupid paperweight that doesn't know the playbook! We all know it! We saw it! Screenshot it! Cut him!

We don't need him anyway, we have Hixon with his history of Iron Man-esque indestructability and lengthy all-pro resume, and who could forget Armanti "best WR you've never heard of" Edwards. Those guys are the second coming of the greatest show on turf and Rivera knows it... he surely is completely unhuman and incapable of judging individuals based off of their personality and disliking them for non-football reasons. Ha! He's our coach, he couldn't ever be unjustly biased towards any players or play favorites! Inconceivable!

You mean the same Ginn that repeatedly ran the wrong route with Derek Anderson in preseason game two?

That's it! Ginn is a slacker, dummy, stupid paperweight that doesn't know the playbook! We all know it! We saw it! Screenshot it! Cut him!

We don't need him anyway, we have Hixon with his history of Iron Man-esque indestructability and lengthy all-pro resume, and who could forget Armanti "best WR you've never heard of" Edwards. Those guys are the second coming of the greatest show on turf and Rivera knows it... he surely is completely unhuman and incapable of judging individuals based off of their personality and disliking them for non-football reasons. Ha! He's our coach, he ciuldnt ever be unjustly biased towards any players or play favorites! Inconceivable!

Ginn hasn't been in this offense for two years, and if you look back at my comments after that game I was VERY adamant that if he couldn't run his routes he had no business being on the field.

That's it! Ginn is a slacker, dummy, stupid paperweight that doesn't know the playbook! We all know it! We saw it! Screenshot it! Cut him!

We don't need him anyway, we have Hixon with his history of Iron Man-esque indestructability and lengthy all-pro resume, and who could forget Armanti "best WR you've never heard of" Edwards. Those guys are the second coming of the greatest show on turf and Rivera knows it... he surely is completely unhuman and incapable of judging individuals based off of their personality and disliking them for non-football reasons. Ha! He's our coach, he ciuldnt ever be unjustly biased towards any players or play favorites! Inconceivable!

Personality and locker room play into the players that get cut as well, also all coaches have guys they like. Prohel might not have liked the work that Gettis put in, maybe Gettleman didn't think he was doing enough to keep a spot away from Hixon. Maybe just maybe, Gettis looked bad enough in practices and camp that his pre season game film against 3rd stringers wasn't enough to keep a spot on the team for him since Edwards was showing so much promise.

Also Ginn running wrong routes after a few months isn't no way near as bad as not lining up correctly in your third season in the same offense.... 

The decision likely came down to who Prohel liked and wanted to stick with the team and Prohel likes Edwards.. Position coaches have a large say in who get's drafted and stays on the team at said position. 

Proudiddy we will truly have a answer to the "Rivera Favoritism towards certain Players" question in the Seattle game.

If Josh Norman (who we all can agreed has earned a starting job) is not 1 of the starting CB.

Special with Drayton being cut. Norman should be the number 1 Cb based on TC and Preseason performance. If he is not then Rivera is putting his emotion over team success.

Archived