• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

regardless of what you think of naka, he shouldn't have been put in that situation at all, you can thank marty hurney for that. what he is really good at is being a backup/special teams player. he excelled when he was a raven at that/ and that is his ceiling. Naka didn't actually lose us games in the grand scheme of things, Marty Hurney did because he didn't equip Rivera with talent and so he was forced to play Naka.

The two situations are entirely different because the reciever position has more depth than the safety position. it was just him and another guy. The reciever position had 5 other people. you can't "fleece" yourself of a player when there is only one other player left and he is a 7th round guy.

pretty simple.

Oh yeah you are so right... we totally didn't go on a winning streak once we inserted that 7th round rookie in the lineup over Naka.

There's a difference between not being very good and being horrible, and no matter how you want to look at it, Naka was horrible. You keep shrugging it off saying what an awesome ST player he was, but dude was the sole reason for a punt being blocked. Thats not what an awesome ST player does.

You keep wanting to blame Hurney but again, when did we start bringing in SD scrubs? When we hired Rivera. He asked for those players. I'm positive he felt Naka was the man for the starting job until he was forced to reduce his role because of his many, VERY noticeable failures.

When he was benched, our defense improved.

This is all indicative of his philosophy on personnel. Guys that Rivera likes have to lose games in a very obvious manner before they even have their role reduced. So, in case you weren't able to draw that parallel, now you can.

Oh yeah you are so right... we totally didn't go on a winning streak once we inserted that 7th round rookie in the lineup over Naka.

There's a difference between not being very good and being horrible, and no matter how you want to look at it, Naka was horrible. You keep shrugging it off saying what an awesome ST player he was, but dude was the sole reason for a punt being blocked. Thats not what an awesome ST player does.

You keep wanting to blame Hurney but again, when did we start bringing in SD scrubs? When we hired Rivera. He asked for those players. I'm positive he felt Naka was the man for the starting job until he was forced to reduce his role because of his many, VERY noticeable failures.

This is all indicative of his philosophy on personnel. Guys that Rivera likes have to lose games in a very obvious manner before they even have their role reduced. So, in case you weren't able to draw that parallel, now you can.

lol. hindsight is 20/20. do you start somebody who has been in the league for 5 years and has backed up ed reed, who knows nfl defenses or do you start a guy who is a 7th round draft pick/ and really shouldn't have been drafted at all. he is a solid special teams player so he has value besides safety play. gettis has no value besides wide reciever play.

if you can't see the difference in the two positions because of depth then there is not much more i can say to you. you can go ahead and call rivera a bum and bash armanti all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that gettis has had zero production just like armanti under Rivera, was confrontational with the head coach (extremely disrespectful), and when given his chance to run with the 1s didn't know where to line up. that is the bottom line. Yes Gettis has more talent than Armanti, but Gettis is a fuging idiot.

Edwards is ahead of the game with Rivera. No wonder his job was so safe, not only has he not lost any games for the team, he's actually pretty much responsible for winning two games. Way to go Armanti!!! 

All coaches have their "guys." Possibly the one good example for Rivera would be TD.

Fox had his guys as well, I just don't remember any right off the top of my head that were as bad as some of the guys Rivera has been determined to stick with. Well, you could say Jake, post-2009.

All coaches have their "guys." Possibly the one good example for Rivera would be TD.

Fox had his guys as well, I just don't remember any right off the top of my head that were as bad as some of the guys Rivera has been determined to stick with. Well, you could say Jake, post-2009.

Foster over Williams was pretty bad..... Fox's guys were usually solid vets that did at least one thing really well.

Run blocking, run defense...ext... 

It's asinine

We don't have any big play maker threats receiving wise, which is why once again Cam will probably throw under 20 TD's. Cam should be 25+ TD's period, maybe even 30

So we have 2 guys that hasn't done ish in years. Armanti, Gettis

Let's go with slower one knowing one thing you need in this league is speed, as well as knowing Cam needs a receiver with size

Yeah. 

If Gettis really was having trouble with the plays and has a legit injury then you have no choice I guess.

But we have had three years to evaluate Armanti. It's not a positive that he is who we kept.

I wonder where he is on the depth chart.

lol. hindsight is 20/20. do you start somebody who has been in the league for 5 years and has backed up ed reed, who knows nfl defenses or do you start a guy who is a 7th round draft pick/ and really shouldn't have been drafted at all. he is a solid special teams player so he has value besides safety play. gettis has no value besides wide reciever play.

if you can't see the difference in the two positions because of depth then there is not much more i can say to you. you can go ahead and call rivera a bum and bash armanti all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that gettis has had zero production just like armanti under Rivera, was confrontational with the head coach (extremely disrespectful), and when given his chance to run with the 1s didn't know where to line up. that is the bottom line. Yes Gettis has more talent than Armanti, but Gettis is a fuging idiot.

Rum, in the Naka example, the depth is irrelevant because the one guy that was behind him stepped in and improved our overall defensive play. I wasn't making the correlation with that and the WR decisions based on roster breakdowns and depth. What it illustrates is that Rivera has made horrible decisions in personnel when there are guys on the team that can do a job better.

We still don't know what he argued about with Rivera, but you're assuming its because Gettis is a retard that can't learn a playbook because of a screenshot posted on a message board. While I am of the mind that he wasn't wrong in expressing how he felt if Rivera was purposely keeping him from playing - which he was as evident by his lack of PT after getting healthy.

For a more obvious parallel, I also gave the example of Ajirotutu, another San Diego flunkie, who I'm sure Ron was forced to take by Evil Hurney, according to many in this thread, lol... all camp we were being fed how he was the missing link. He was given numerous chances to prove why he was handed his job, and yet, all he did was get PT and literally drop himself all the way out of a roster spot. Again, Rivera was forced to acknowledge he was wrong because Tutu failed in a very big and noticeable way.

People are also conveniently forgetting what CJ said last year when Hurney was fired, instead, we chiose to remember the happier times where we finished yet another year winning games when it doesn't matter and everyone's feeling all warm and mushy. CJ told reporters "last time I checked, the GM isn't coaching games." Yet everyone forgets that. So all of this, "Rivera - players' coach, helpless surrogate father of orphan players cast on him by evil GMs everywhere, master in-game tactician, " is complete crap. The players thought he was an idiot and apparently preferred him to be gone halfway through ladt season, and yet, we choose to remember meaningless win streaks, when morale is high.

My point being, I side with Gettis in that argument situation because sorry, I think Rivera is possibly the worst head coach I've ever seen in game management and decision making. So if I was a player, I wouldn't trust his decision to start someone else over me either. It's not as though he was winning games at that time.

And more food for thought, in spite of one screenshot being the anti-Gettis verdict, have you given any thought to the idea of how many plays Gettis got right? How many times did you see him run the wrong route? A miscommunication with the QB? I don't recall any aside from the one screenshot posted here. He got it right much more often than he got it wrong. But, yeah, it's fine, we'll totally go with that narrstive because Rivera is a genius second coming if Bill Walsh and he always makes the right decisions.

Rum, in the Naka example, the depth is irrelevant because the one guy that ws behind him stepped in and improved our overall defensive play. I wasn't making the correlation with that and the WR decisions based on roster breakdowns and depth. What it illustrates is that Rivera has made horrible decisiins in personnel when there are guys on the team that can do a job better.

We still don't know what he argued about with Rivera, but you're assuming its because Gettis is a retard that can't learn a playbook because of a screenshot saved on a message board. While I am of the mind that he wasn't wrong in expressing how he felt if Rivera was purposely keeping him from playing - which he was as evident by his lack of PT after getting healthy.

For a more obvious parallel, I also gave the example of Ajirotutu, another San Diego flunkie, who I'm sure Ron was forced to take by Evil Hurney, according to many in this thread, lol... all camp we were being fed how he was the missing link. He was given numerous chances to prove why he was handed his job, and yet, all he did was get PT and literally drop himself all the way out of a roster spot. Again, Rivera was forced to acknowledge he was wrong because Tutu failed in a very big and noticeable way.

People are also conveniently forgetting what CJ said last year when Hurney was fired, instead, we chiose to remember the happier times where we finished yet another year winning games when it doesn't matter and everyone's feeling all warm and mushy. CJ told reporters "last time I checked, the GM isn't coaching games." Yet everyone forgets that. So all of this, "Rivera - players' coach, helpless surrogate father of orphan players cast on him by evil GMs everywhere, master in-game tactician, " is complete crap. The players thought he was an idiot and apparently preferred him to be gone halfway through ladt season, and yet, we choose to remember meaningless win streaks, when morale is high.

My point being, I side with Gettis in that argument situation because sorry, I think Rivera is possibly the worst head coach I've ever seen in game management and decision making. So if I was a player, I wouldn't trust his decision to start someone else over me either. It's not as though he was winning games at that time.

And more food for thought, in spite of one screenshot being the anti-Gettis verdict, have you given any thought to the idea of how many plays Gettis got right? How many times did you see him run the wrong route? A miscommunication with the QB? I don't recall any aside from the one screenshot posted here. He got it right much more often than he got it wrong. But, yeah, it's fine, we'll totally go with that narrstive because Rivera is a genius second coming if Bill Walsh and he always makes the right decisions.

Kuechly

didn't read the rest

Edwards is ahead of the game with Rivera. No wonder his job was so safe, not only has he not lost any games for the team, he's actually pretty much responsible for winning two games. Way to go Armanti!!! 

WTF are you smoking??

Most teams cut 2nd round picks after 2 years with Armanti's production.

The 49ers and KC just got rid of 1st round picks who had more production.

AE has done and shown nothing to still be here. Plain and simple.

Jake, Lucas, Diggs, Foster, and S Davis.

WTF are you smoking??

Most teams cut 2nd round picks after 2 years with Armanti's production.

The 49ers and KC just got rid of 1st round picks who had more production.

AE has done and shown nothing to still be here. Plain and simple.

Sarcasm, making fun of poster's saying the only way to loose your job is to cost the team games. Edwards two key plays were clutch plays that directly lead to winning those two games... Hence he not only hasn't lost two games but he's directly responsible for winning two means he has a lead with Rivera because he's a Prohel and Rivera players. lol 

With that said, Lafell hasn't shown a whole lot and is the #2 and Hixon is always hurt, Ginn Jr. is a ST player and Edwards is the work hard slot guy that's more shifty and quick then fast. Gettis couldn't beat that group out because he looked that damn bad in practice and camp. 

That should tell you something right there.... 

Archived