• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

you want me to just go ahead and ban you for a little while so you don't get a permaban or do you think you have yourself under control enough to not get into trouble?

I mean buzz. Not drunk.

But, if it makes you have bigger balls to ban me bc you're a MOD now ban me.

I haven't done anything to be bant worthy yet. IMO, Gettis should have made the team. That's my argument.

But yea I remember. No one can have an opinion on this freaken fantasy forum.

But shouldn't you have the guts to make the decision that best gives your team a chance to win in soite of all the external influences?

Naka may have cost us two games ALONE last season, and yet, technicslly remained a starter.

And I'm having a really hard time getting this sudden movement towards Rivera being a mute victim, completely stripped of his ability to speak or make decisions on his roster. When did we start bringing in San Diego scrubs? Is that all the GMs doing? No. Rivera asked for those players. So he isn't just "given slop," he help makes it himself.

But does playing a guy that gives up that pass to Brees at the end of the half really give you a better chance?

Nakamura was demoted the second RR got a new body. Mitchell sucks too but he will try it

I mean buzz. Not drunk.

But, if it makes you have bigger balls to ban me bc you're a MOD now ban me.

I haven't done anything to be bant worthy yet. IMO, Gettis should have made the team. That's my argument.

But yea I remember. No one can have an opinion on this freaken fantasy forum.

just watching out for you and i got the job because my balls were already ginormous, but it was more a sympathy thing because they drag on the ground and chaffe and i walk like i'm riding a horse all the time and people laugh at me. it's not as awesome as you'd think,

glad to see you are as happy as always, tho.

As far as Bell, just one of many examples and you could be right. But, Rivera DOES indeed have say in roster moves, he just may not have the final say, so I'm not going to clear him of responsibility in what we have to work with.

As for the Gettis/Tutu example, I'm saying look at the opportunities Tutu was given in 2012 when Gettis was already ruled out at least through week 1, versus the ones Gettis was given this preseason, in-game. Tutu was virtually in the same battle Gettis was, and yet, Tutu was given every opportunity to win a top 3 WR spot and Gettis was relegated to running with scrubs.

I don't intend to beat a deadhorse, I'm just saying usually where there is smoke, there is fire... and Rivera has a laundry list of decision making failures both in-game and personnel-wise to make me question his evaluation skills.

I've been very critical of Rivera for his in game decision making. It has been maddening.

I just can't agree with this conspiracy so to speak aimed at David Gettis and his career here with Rivera. At some point we have got to stop looking to blame everyone else and wonder could Gettis have done more here?

I've been very critical of Rivera for his in game decision making. It has been maddening.

I just can't agree with this conspiracy so to speak aimed at David Gettis and his career here with Rivera. At some point we have got to stop looking to blame everyone else and wonder could Gettis have done more here?

I'm not saying it's indicative of a conspiracy against Gettis, lol. I'm simply saying he didn't appear to be a "Rivera guy," while I've given numerous examples of guys who clearly were and received undeserved favor as a result.

But again, I think we've talked every which way around and through this Gettis situation. I'm not some raging fanboy of any one player, I just feel like this was yet another example of a failed personnel culture in which positions aren't necessarily earned but given.

I'm not saying it's indicative of a conspiracy against Gettis, lol. I'm simply saying he didn't appear to be a "Rivera guy," while I've given numerous examples of guys who were clearly were and received undeserved favor as a result.

But again, I think we've talked every which way around and through this Gettis situation. I'm not some raging fanboy of any one player, I just feel like this was yet another example of a failed personnel culture in which positions aren't necessarily earned but given.

Gettis wasn't a Rivera guy as he wasn't a rah rah I love football type of player. Where as guys like Edwards are hard working players who actually love the game of football, heavy studying type players who do everything they can to be a team player. Edwards gained the respect of his position coach and HC with the extra work he puts in and being a complete team player.  

Prohel is a local guy that was a hard working slot receiver type of player and the same is true with Edwards. Now that Prohel is the WR coach Edwards has a chance to show what he can do and it's up to Edwards to do something with the playing time he gets this season. 

I'm not saying it's indicative of a conspiracy against Gettis, lol. I'm simply saying he didn't appear to be a "Rivera guy," while I've given numerous examples of guys who clearly were and received undeserved favor as a result.

It's hard to ignore the fact that in all this it seems like every season he suffers an injury or a setback.

Gettis wasn't a Rivera guy as he wasn't a rah rah I love football type of player. Where as guys like Edwards are hard working players who actually love the game of football, heavy studying type players who do everything they can to be a team player. Edwards gained the respect of his position coach and HC with the extra work he puts in and being a complete team player.

Prohel is a local guy that was a hard working slot receiver type of player and the same is true with Edwards. Now that Prohel is the WR coach Edwards has a chance to show what he can do and it's up to Edwards to do something with the playing time he gets this season.

And this is what I suspect, and if him not loving football meant he didn't put in the work, then I understand cutting him and not giving him a legitimate chance on the field. Problem is, all I ever saw and heard from him were the right things and it appeared that he did put in the work from videos posted on panthers.com.

Who knows?

I just feel like his fate was already sealed, his play this preseason should have definitely earned him a roster spot i believe he only had one drop but hopefully they have some plans for gettis if not i hope he tears it up where ever he lands

Agreed, but that ship is sailed man... I doubt he clears waivers and if he does then he still won't be given a chance to play here. Seems like those bridges have been burned on both sides. Not unless there is a new coaching staff next year, but I just don't see him coming back.

Agreed, but that ship is sailed man... I doubt he clears waivers and if he does then he still won't be given a chance to play here. Seems like those bridges have been burned on both sides. Not unless there is a new coaching staff next year, but I just don't see him coming back.

true i have seen it happen too many times over the years guys who actually produce get no love, kesier was another head scratcher and there have been plenty but we can only hope that it's for the best

With the mass influx of negative responses that we have received about Gettis being cut so far here. I am guessing that there will be more than a few wives/girlfriends/gay lovers with some seriously chafed rear ends tonight.

Someone has to pay for this great injustice.

Archived