• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

if he did everything he was suppose to....why was his quickly shown the bench when he got healthy and they attempted to give him a shot last year

Ask Phil Simms what he looked like in practice last year prior to the Broncos game. The same game he got in Rivera's face and then was inactive shortly thereafter.

This thread about a sixth round wide receiver getting cut now has more pages than the entire thread dedicated to the final cuts today. Yet we wonder why we can't get any respect and the media craps on us constantly lol.

Could be because of the pathetic excuses people make for our staff continually handing jobs to players that don't deserve them. You know, like 2 or 3 of the guys kept instead of Gettis at his position.

This thread about a sixth round wide receiver getting cut now has more pages than the entire thread dedicated to the final cuts today. Yet we wonder why we can't get any respect and the media craps on us constantly lol.

Again why the fug does that bother you so much? Who made you thread length moderator?? You could always leave the thread any time you choose.

Ask Phil Simms what he looked like in practice last year prior to the Broncos game. The same game he got in Rivera's face and then was inactive shortly thereafter.

Doesn't matter....the fact the confrontation occurred signals Gettis wasn't doing "everything he was suppose to".

If you watch the video, LaFell points him to his spot, then Gettis turns and looks towards the sideline with his arms outstretched. It's obvious who was confused on the play. As far as the playbook, Rivera specifically mentioned in a camp video last year that he was expecting Gettis to contribute and said he was hopeful that Gettis had an understanding of the playbook by then. And that was after a year in the offense.

Hmm, IDK. Him out stretching his arms could still just be that he never heard the call. I don't think that proves he doesn't know the playbook.

Let me preface this by saying I'm an Appstate grad and huge Armanti fan. I always understood the process to be that practice gave you the opportunity to play in the preseason and preseason games gave you an opportunity to make the team. Based on preseason games this season alone I would have kept Gettis over Armanti and Hixon. Maybe Gettis was more severely injured than we know, but just based on play he was at least the 4th best reciever.

Could be because of the pathetic excuses people make for our staff continually handing jobs to players that don't deserve them. You know, like 2 or 3 of the guys kept instead of Gettis at his position.

We as fans get too emotionally attached to players. Coaches can't be this way. Remember John Fox and his veterans? As for the excuses, I've been seeing a lot less of them this year. Most fans are in put up or shut up mode.

Again why the fug does that bother you so much? Who made you thread length moderator?? You could always leave the thread any time you choose.

Don't read or respond to my posts if you don't like them.

Doesn't matter....the fact the confrontation occurred signals Gettis wasn't doing "everything he was suppose to".

CRA, I'm sure you've played sports throughout your life under different coaches. You're telling me you never saw a player work hard, do everything he could to contribute to his team, and yet, he just never gained any favor with the coach?

By your statement, you're assuming Rivera is NEVER wrong in personnel decisions or on-field decision making. I've seen enough of Rivera to side with Gettis on that spat.

CRA, I'm sure you've played sports throughout your life under different coaches. You're telling me you never saw a player work hard, do everything he could to contribute to his team, and yet, he just never gained any favor with the coach?

By your statement, you're assuming Rivera is NEVER wrong in personnel decisions or on-field decision making. I've seen enough of Rivera to side with Gettis on that spat.

Gettleman makes the roster. Gettle. Man.

So, in summary...

Hixon, career slot receiver, sitting on his ass all preseason because he's been guaranteed a spot > Gettis working and producing during all of preseason

Armanti training camp hero that can't outrun a punter > Gettis' output and production when healthy

I've never been too upset about any of the cuts in our entire history, but looking at the bums that kept a roster spot while cutting a guy that did nothing but what he was supposed to do just doesn't sit well with me.

This sums it up pretty well for me too, not that anyone cares. Lots of people have made see good points in this read, and then there's lots of poo too... BUT this response by Proudiddy is on point. He has done everything that the team asked of him, and after his "breakout" preseason game interview he sounded like the consummate team player... Something really does stink here.

Hopefully nobody notices him and he gets IR'd. IF* he does get picked up, then I fully expect him to do well somewhere else. He's legit imo

Hmm, IDK. Him out stretching his arms could still just be that he never heard the call. I don't think that proves he doesn't know the playbook.

Let me preface this by saying I'm an Appstate grad and huge Armanti fan. I always understood the process to be that practice gave you the opportunity to play in the preseason and preseason games gave you an opportunity to make the team. Based on preseason games this season alone I would have kept Gettis over Armanti and Hixon. Maybe Gettis was more severely injured than we know, but just based on play he was at least the 4th best reciever.

I updated my post with a convo I had with Gil Brandt. He was very pessimistic on Gettis, used him as an example of the work ethic that people accused Cam of when Cam was actually an extremely hard worker.

Archived