• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Until someone can give me a satisfactory answer on why LaFell had to line Gettis up in a playbook he's had for two years I'm going to assume there is a lot of bias at work defending him.

I haven't read anywhere but from you that Gettis has had a hard time learning the playbook. Do you have any other source other than a screenshot that this is true? That pic could have been Gettis lining up LaFell correctly, we do have a new OC. This is a serious question by the way, not trying to be obtuse.

Yeah what does Gettleman know, he's only got nearly 30 years in the business. What an amateur.

He should listen to the huddle, they definitely know better.

Another great point by Red.

"Gettlemen has been doing this for 30 years so you should never question his decisions" 

Seifert has  4-5 superbowl rings as a AC and HC who here didn't question the cutting of Steve B so Jeff Lewis could start?

Another great point by Red.

"Gettlemen has been doing this for 30 years so you should never question his decisions"

Seifert has 4-5 superbowl rings as a AC and HC who here didn't question the cutting of Steve B so Jeff Lewis could start?

I'd still take Seifert's opinion over a guy like you who can't respond to a post without pissing himself in anger.

I haven't read anywhere but from you that Gettis has had a hard time learning the playbook. Do you have any other source other than a screenshot that this is true? That pic could have been Gettis lining up LaFell correctly, we do have a new OC. This is a serious question by the way, not trying to be obtuse.

Not trying to be a d!ck but it was pretty clear LaFell had to tell Gettis where to go. At that moment I thought maybe that's why Gettis wasn't getting any PT last season when he was activated for a couple of games. I was rooting for Gettis as well if it makes any difference.

Not trying to be a d!ck but it was pretty clear LaFell had to tell Gettis where to go. At that moment I thought maybe that's why Gettis wasn't getting any PT last season when he was activated for a couple of games. I was rooting for Gettis as well if it makes any difference.

Maybe he just couldn't hear the playcall, unless there is something else besides a screenshot it is really just conjecture that he didn't know the playbook

So, in summary...

Hixon, career slot receiver, sitting on his ass all preseason because he's been guaranteed a spot > Gettis working and producing during all of preseason

Armanti training camp hero that can't outrun a punter > Gettis' output and production when healthy

I've never been too upset about any of the cuts in our entire history, but looking at the bums that kept a roster spot while cutting a guy that did nothing but what he was supposed to do just doesn't sit well with me.

If you watch the video, LaFell points him to his spot, then Gettis turns and looks towards the sideline with his arms outstretched. It's obvious who was confused on the play. As far as the playbook, Rivera specifically mentioned in a camp video last year that he was expecting Gettis to contribute and said he was hopeful that Gettis had an understanding of the playbook by then. And that was after a year in the offense.

Finally, I had a conversation with Gil Brandt a few months ago on Late Hits and mentioned Gettis and he said not to look for him to do anything unless he sold out to the game, because the knock on him coming out was that he didn't like the minutiae of football.

So, in summary...

Hixon, career slot receiver, sitting on his ass all preseason because he's been guaranteed a spot > Gettis working and producing during all of preseason

Armanti training camp hero that can't outrun a punter > Gettis' output and production when healthy

I've never been too upset about any of the cuts in our entire history, but looking at the bums that kept a roster spot while cutting a guy that did nothing but what he was supposed to do just doesn't sit well with me.

if he did everything he was suppose to....why was his quickly shown the bench when he got healthy and they attempted to give him a shot last year

Archived