• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Well we agree to disagree.....you show up every day making plays against Luke and company and looking legit.....means something. Gettis couldn't.

Preaseaon, Gettis padded his stats in a AE showdown against the weakest of the weak. That doesn't mean what you suggest....which is why he is gone

Agree to disagree.  

Luke and Mitchell not being able to smash you makes a difference when going across the middle or catching a ball in traffic.

Gettis padded his stat and AE was injured and never played. Never proving he is any more better then last year.

I'd like to ask this again.... Everyone that was waived/injured today... How long do they have before they end up on IR assuming no ones snatches them up.

Please quote me so that I know. Thanks again

They go through the waiver wire like normal, if no one picks them up they revert back to IR after the wire. If they have more then 4 years of experience they become a FA or go straight to IR. It shouldn't take more then a couple of days for all the claims to process, it will take a bit longer because of this being cut day for every thing to process. 

I'm going to all cap this soon for fuggin sakes..........gettis or ae or any wr not name smith,lafell,hixon making plays on "3rd string" cbs or scrubs has nothing to do with there ability to play.......you guys do understand that he was fighting for the 3,4,5 wr spot so in reality if he was put in the game he would face a teams 3rd string cb..........unless they had have him line up somewhere else....and when he did get time with the ones he extended drives by getting an illegal contact penalty

So can we please cut the playing against scrub stuff....call it how it is he probably got cut for numerous things but his ability to play most likely wasn't it.....I'm disappointed in this cut but i'll trust the people who get big bucks to make these decisions until they show otherwise 

They go through the waiver wire like normal, if no one picks them up they revert back to IR after the wire. If they have more then 4 years of experience they become a FA or go straight to IR. It shouldn't take more then a couple of days for all the claims to process, it will take a bit longer because of this being cut day for every thing to process. 

Such a weird system, I don't really get the point. Basically "He's injured, but you can have him if you want. Or we could keep him. Honestly don't really care."

I think Edwards will be a non-factor and should be cut, but I think that's irrelevant to Gettis.

Yeah what does Gettleman know, he's only got nearly 30 years in the business. What an amateur.

He should listen to the huddle, they definitely know better.

Such a weird system, I don't really get the point. Basically "He's injured, but you can have him if you want. Or we could keep him. Honestly don't really care."

It's against the rules the just outright release someone with an injury.

I think he's gone for the same reason Adams is. We signed someone who does their exact job way better.

I don't think there was ever a Gettis vs. Edwards question, they fill totally different roles. I think Edwards will be a non-factor and should be cut, but I think that's irrelevant to Gettis.

I don't really disagree with any of that

Archived