• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

I still don't think Anderson is worth a roster spot, he's performed terribly. At the time Clausen was performing better, so I preferred him. Then Clausen also started performing shittily. They should both be replaced.

Receiver guru? What are you referring to, exactly?

Clausen and "performing better" don't even belong in the same sentence.

Apparently you and the rest of the Gettis Super Fan Club have better player evaluating skills than Gettleman.

Which again is something I question. He has done nothing to earn that treatment. I don't care how good he looks in Shorts. After 4 years and 5 catches you should have to show more then 2 catches in 1 preseason game to get that kind treatment.

So they should cut who they think is the better player at the current moment because Gettis used to be better than him 3 years ago and AE tweaked a hammy in preseason? Thats some great reasoning.

Apparently you and the rest of the Gettis Super Fan Club have better player evaluating skills than Gettleman.

Another Bitch move by Red.

Just because some feel Gettis played better and has better potential then Edwards. You must be in a Fan club. Grow the fug up.

Yes I select to put more weight on games against competition who will try to hurt you then practice with guys who you will have lunch and play Madden with 30 minutes later.

You are correct in that assumption.

Okay, so Gettis catching balls against guys who will be selling insurance > showing up all TC and looking the part

Which again is something I question. He has done nothing to earn that treatment. I don't care how good he looks in Shorts. After 4 years and 5 catches you should have to show more then 2 catches in 1 preseason game to get that kind treatment.

By most accounts Gettis looked pretty bad even in shorts.

But even if you are still obsessing over production from three seasons ago, if a guy can't line up correctly and doesn't know the playbook you can't play him even if he is the most talented guy on the field.

If Gettis was struggling with the playbook he has zero value which is why guys like AE or Legedu play over him or make the team over him.

If you don't know the plays you have pretty much zero value to the team.

He did perform quite a bit better than Anderson in the first preseason games. It wasn't until the last one that he fell apart again.

I think you're confused, or aren't sure who you're talking to. Either that or are intent on arguing with every poster on this message board no matter what it's about.

I'm not upset because Ginn makes Gettis obsolete. They serve the exact same role in the offense, track star speed to stretch the defense, but Ginn does it better and also is a superstar return man.

Yeah comes with getting irrational emotional attachments to longshot back-ups. Barnidge Syndrome.

I say cut them both.

Another Bitch move by Red.

Just because some feel Gettis played better and has better potential then Edwards. You must be in a Fan club. Grow the fug up.

The guy who considers repeatedly cussing an actual retort is telling me to "grow the fug up". Comedy gold here.

So they should cut who they think is the better player at the current moment because Gettis used to be better than him 3 years ago and AE tweaked a hammy in preseason? Thats some great reasoning.

They can do whatever they want like they did. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. 

This is also the same coaching staff that thought Legadodo was better then Lafell.  While Lafell was outperforming him week after week. 

We don't know who is better at this point. Neither have proven in 3 years to be anything more then Camp bodies.

He did perform quite a bit better than Anderson in the first preseason games. It wasn't until the last one that he fell apart again.

I think you're confused, or aren't sure who you're talking to. Either that or are intent on arguing with every poster on this message board no matter what it's about.

I will concur that Anderson started off very poorly, but Clausen also fell apart at the end. Anderson has a much stronger track record, though, and Clausen may stick around on IR.

They can do whatever they want like they did. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

This is also the same coaching staff that thought Legadodo was better then Lafell. While Lafell was outperforming him week after week.

We don't know who is better at this point. Neither have proven in 3 years to be anything more then Camp bodies.

And they moved LaFell up once he proved he knew the offense.

I will concur that Anderson started off very poorly, but Clausen also fell apart at the end. Anderson has a much stronger track record, though, and Clausen may stick around on IR.

I'd like to see them both replaced in the middle of the draft next year, personally.

Archived