• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

BTW, my main point is that I do not buy into offseason hype of a player that has never contributed on the field when the lights are on.

PROVE it

Edwards has just as much risk of failing as he does succeeding. Gettis had a monster preseason, where Edwards did nothing.

Fans have a reason to be upset over him getting cut over a player with just 2 catches in 1 game this preseason and who has done nothing else in his career.

Edwards might have turned the corner this year finally. But he has yet to prove it on the field and live up to his offseason hype.

So you are honestly going to say Rivera has no say so in roster moves??

Really??

If you think Gettleman wanted to cut Armanti and keep Gettis but didn't because Rivera didn't want him to....its Gettleman that would need to get fired for being incapable of doing his own job. Thats not how it works. 

The fact is, both Gettleman and Rivera have seen a lot more of Armanti and Gettis and are both convinced which one is the better player right now, and its Armanti. 

The team played Hixon and Ginn in the fourth pre season game while Edwards got a pass even after practicing. Prohel said before the game that Edwards job was safe. Which tells us that he was far enough ahead of Ginn, Hixon and Gettis that no matter what happened Edwards wasn't getting cut. 

That tells us that Gettis absolutely had to play the 4th game and blow it up to even have a remote shot at making the team. Since he had to pass Hixon to make the team. As both Ginn Jr and Edwards had already made the team before the game. 

This is the reason that I have Edwards as the slot WR over Ginn Jr and Hixon. 

It didn't offend me, just struck me as needlessly abrasive. Why are people getting worked up and gleefully hateful toward people that wanted a Panther player to work out?

i think that comes from the overreaction by some here calling rivera a "fuging idiot"  and other "inflammatory" comments as you say. Especially hating on armanti (and i'm not talking about the basic argument if Gettis should have made it over armanti) I wanted Gettis to succeed because it would make our team better but the ridiculous backlash over a possible #4, #5, #6 reciever getting cut when we have so much going for us right now is beyond asinine. and 25+ pages proves that.

Still selective....you only want to acknowledge the selective moments Gettis practices well. Also you want to ignore Edwards' did well against real players and most of Gettis' good practice moments came against guys that won't be in the league

Yes I select to put more weight on games against competition who will try to hurt you then practice with guys who you will have lunch and play Madden with 30 minutes later.

You are correct in that assumption.

Funny how you never went back to that thread. Suddenly now you are a receiver guru.

I still don't think Anderson is worth a roster spot, he's performed terribly. At the time Clausen was performing better, so I preferred him. Then Clausen also started performing shittily. They should both be replaced.

Receiver guru? What are you referring to, exactly?

Yes I select to put more weight on games against competition who will try to hurt you then practice with guys who you will have lunch and play Madden with 30 minutes later.

You are correct in that assumption.

is it also a correct assumption that in the 3 years Rivera and this offensive playbook have been here that both Gettis and Armanti have had zero production on the field?

Is it a correct assumption that Armanti has played better in practice and games against the same and even more meaningful defenders?  Is it a correct assumption that Gettis still has trouble grasping the playbook that was his main goal during his injured time? Is it also a correct assumption that when it mattered most Armanti showed up and Gettis didn't?

I think these are all correct assumptions.

The team played Hixon and Ginn in the fourth pre season game while Edwards got a pass even after practicing. Prohel said before the game that Edwards job was safe. Which tells us that he was far enough ahead of Ginn, Hixon and Gettis that no matter what happened Edwards wasn't getting cut. 

That tells us that Gettis absolutely had to play the 4th game and blow it up to even have a remote shot at making the team. Since he had to pass either Hixon to make the team. As both Ginn Jr and Edwards had already made the team before the game. 

This is the reason that I have Edwards as the slot WR over Ginn Jr and Hixon. 

Which again is something I question. He has done nothing to earn that treatment. I don't care how good he looks in Shorts. After 4 years and 5 catches you should have to show more then 2 catches in 1 preseason game to get that kind treatment.

Archived