• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

I also laughed when Edwards was walk down by a Punter. When we were told how quick and elusive he was.

So a Panther makes a big positive play that puts our offense in excellent field position, and you make fun of him?

I think you should just stop right there and make your exit.

That could very well be the reason he was let go, but if it was me making the decisions, which I'm obviously not, then I would keep a talented guy with ability who has to learn the plays over a solid or not all that talented guy who already has it down.

Nakamura is an example of why the philosophy in favor of the latter fails in the face of the former.

Funny part about that is Martin was having a better TC by all observers and they just gave Naka the starting job.

That could very well be the reason he was let go, but if it was me making the decisions, which I'm obviously not, then I would keep a talented guy with ability who has to learn the plays over a solid or not all that talented guy who already has it down.

Nakamura is an example of why the philosophy in favor of the latter fails in the face of the former.

That's just it. He had two years to learn the plays. And he didn't.

Gettis had as many catches this preseason as *insert name of guy who actually made the team* has made in his entire career. Like I said earlier in the thread, Ginn fills Gettis' role better than Gettis and I don't particularly care that he was cut. But I can definitely see why people would be upset that he was cut and others were kept.

It would be like cutting Cole and keeping Fua. Someone who has shown he can be a good player but has had injury trouble cut for someone who has not shown in any way that they can perform at the NFL level, but "well maybe in another year."

upset? understandable.

raging? lol too funny.

So a Panther makes a big positive play that puts our offense in excellent field position, and you make fun of him?

I think you should just stop right there and make your exit.

Right here example. I'm stating my opinion and people telling me to leave..

Also it showed a lack of talent that a player with no Angle was able to walk down a player who was billed as elusive and quick.

That's just not how this coaching staff works. Remember Legedu Naanee? Boy he sure did know the system.

Another awesome example Rodeo! Thank you. Thats why I don't get all these semi-celebratory posts about him getting cut, rubbing it in the face of people that were pulling for him.

There was a reason I didn't have a lot of confidence in Ron and Co. before this, and the long list of inept coach's pets are a huge reason. Let any other team in the league have Nakamura do what he did last season and at the very least he would be inactive if he was still on the roster. Naanee, Ajirotutu, Armanti, Bell, and possibly now Hixon. All guys who have either gained their spot or held onto it despite justified criticism due to favortism for whatever reason.

Archived