• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

it's no different than people saying they know for a fact that gettis was better than *insert name of guy who actually made the team* and are all raging.

Gettis had as many catches this preseason as *insert name of guy who actually made the team* has made in his entire career. Like I said earlier in the thread, Ginn fills Gettis' role better than Gettis and I don't particularly care that he was cut. But I can definitely see why people would be upset that he was cut and others were kept.

It would be like cutting Cole and keeping Fua. Someone who has shown he can be a good player but has had injury trouble cut for someone who has not shown in any way that they can perform at the NFL level, but "well maybe in another year."

That's one of my faves, too. The Panthers have fielded losing teams 14 times out of 18, but every year we get to listen to "I think the staff know a little bit more about winning than you."

They do know more about winning than us, they just don't know more about winning than the other 31 teams in the NFL

I don't give a fug if you laugh at my opinion. I laugh at half you hypocrites all the time. You can sit here and act like you've always agreed with the FO but I know the truth.

I also laughed when Edwards was walk down by a Punter. When we were told how quick and elusive he was.

You made me lol in real life and in a good way... AE had 2 sure TDs last year. I have nothing against AE though. More interested as to why they cut Gettis. Hopefully it becomes clear in a press conference...

How long does Gettis get on the waived/ injured list before he reverts to the IR if he's not picked up? (this question open to anybody)(thanks ahead of time)

If they have won 1 NFL game that is knowing more about winning in the NFL than anybody on a message board.

Anybody can question this team. I pay my money for tickets buy their gear and support the team as much as possible. I and other have the right to question some of the moves they have made. Rivera nor Gettelmen has earned the right to not be questioned by paying consumers.

Take a look at the pic I just posted in this thread. There's your answer.

That could very well be the reason he was let go, but if it was me making the decisions, which I'm obviously not, then I would keep a talented guy with ability who has to learn the plays over a solid or not all that talented guy who already has it down.

Nakamura is an example of why the philosophy in favor of the latter fails in the face of the former.

I don't give a fug if you laugh at my opinion. I laugh at half you hypocrites all the time. You can sit here and act like you've always agreed with the FO but I know the truth.

I also laughed when Edwards was walk down by a Punter. When we were told how quick and elusive he was.

i haven't always agreed with the FO.

Anybody can question this team. I pay my money for tickets buy their gear and support the team as much as possible. I and other have the right to question some of the moves they have made. Rivera nor Gettelmen has earned the right to not be questioned by paying consumers.

why do you keep mentioning this? nobody cares if you question this team, some people just disagree with you and think it is silly. You are also really fun to rile up because you get so upset easily.

That could very well be the reason he was let go, but if it was me making the decisions, which I'm obviously not, then I would keep a talented guy with ability who has to learn the plays over a solid or not all that talented guy who already has it down.

Nakamura is an example of why the philosophy in favor of the latter fails in the face of the former.

That's just not how this coaching staff works. Remember Legedu Naanee? Boy he sure did know the system.

it happened

shouldnt have even went this far back to look

the huddle where everybody catches amnesia 

i'm sorry...i'm not asking for evidence of discussions on a message board about people's interpretation of things happening on the sideline.

that's all conjecture.

i want proof. you said it was fact. you didn't give me facts. do you know what was said? do you know for sure why gettis didn't see the field again?

just the facts, jack.

Archived