• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Or you have to agree with everything a staff with a 13-19 record does.

That's one of my faves, too. The Panthers have fielded losing teams 14 times out of 18, but every year we get to listen to "I think the staff know a little bit more about winning than you."

Ummmm no sir. I've seen multiple idiots saying how bc of one play he was cut. And bc he didn't know the playbook. Man y'all don't know anything. He could have had a bad attitude and been a master of the playbook. You bunch of know it alls are so annoying.

It's one thing to have an opinion. But to come off as a arrogant dick that knows it all? Nobody likes those guys.

Like I said I don't know and none of you honestly know. Only Rivera and his staff know why.

it's no different than people saying they know for a fact that gettis was better than *insert name of guy who actually made the team* and are all raging.

??? link or it didn't happen.

back it up if you're sure it happened.

Not to stir up a hornets nest... But Gettis and Rivera did have words and it was caught live on the sidelines during a game. Commentators made a big deal about it and we talked about it here as well. I def remember this happening.

Edit: it was later on in the season like week 15-16...

I believe the coaching staff believes that David Gettis has more upside than Armanti. I also believe that the coaching staff believes that Gettis will never reach that potential and that Armanti will reach his.

Earlier someone said that u can't teach 6'3 212 with 4.3 speed, that's right u can't and for the coaching staff to be willing to cut this physical specimen tells me that their was really something about him that led them to believe that he would never catch on.

All that said I like Gettis and wished we would have kept 6 WR.

Him, Stone, Washington, Hackett and Jarret already have more production then Edwards.

Funny....every time Gettis' lack of doing something comes up the go to line of defense is a man AE shot.

Again, bar was low and Gettis couldn't out work AE in camp. For every AE report about him looking great there was almost an identical one about balls popping off Gettis' pads.

That's one of my faves, too. The Panthers have fielded losing teams 14 times out of 18, but every year we get to listen to "I think the staff know a little bit more about winning than you."

If they have won 1 NFL game that is knowing more about winning in the NFL than anybody on a message board.

Funny....every time Gettis' lack of doing something comes up the go to line of defense is a man AE shot.

Again, bar was low and Gettis couldn't out work AE in camp. For every AE report about him looking great there was almost an identical one about balls popping off Gettis' pads.

How many fluff articles have we read in the past about players, but when regular season comes they are nowhere to be found? It's happened way too often so sorry if others aren't buying into the hype just yet. Yea there is a chance he does live up to the hype. However, there's also a chance he does nothing this season just like every other season.

no one is saying you can't post your opinion. just don't be upset when people point and laugh at you.

I don't give a fug if you laugh at my opinion. I laugh at half you hypocrites all the time. You can sit here and act like you've always agreed with the FO but I know the truth.

I also laughed when Edwards was walk down by a Punter. When we were told how quick and elusive he was.

Archived