• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

All we need to know is that Edwards beat Gettis, Hixon and Ginn Jr. out for the 3rd WR spot. Then Hixon beat out Gettis for the legit last WR spot because Ginn Jr. is mostly going to be a returner and occasional deep threat in this offense. 

Yes he beat him out on 2 catches in 1 preseason game (neither came from a Cam Pass) and looking good when guys can't hit you.

If Edwards earned the 3rd spot on this BS. I have serious question about this staff.

I will agree there was no one set at #2 but its still does not mean that LaFell did more than Gettis year 1 and Gettis was the #2 that year. Everything goes out the Door when a new coach arrives. I mean CJ sat the bench and others the first year because he crossed Rivera. Still we are comparing someone who got hurt to someone who didnt. Thats like saying Smith was no the #1 WR the year he broke his leg because Moose stepped up.

Umm, no. His specific statement was that Gettis was the number two going into 2011. I said that was false. It was and is. I never said anything about 2010 at all, other than that the playbook was simple to contrast his dumb comparison of "well if he could understand the playbook in 2010 why couldn't he do it three years later in 2013" - nevermind the fact that it's a drastically more complicated playbook and completely different on top of that. 

Yes he beat him out on 2 catches in 1 preseason game (neither came from a Cam Pass) and looking good when guys can't hit you.

If Edwards earned the 3rd spot on this BS. I have serious question about this staff.

did you read his sig? because i have serious questions about your talent evaluations and you should probably let the professionals be the professionals.

Based on our scheme....the rare moments we run 3 WRs it calls for Ginn's skill set over AE.

In our scheme the the very top of the WR depth chart matters

??? link or it didn't happen.

back it up if you're sure it happened.

how am i supposed to find that when 1. the site changed since then and 2. it was david gettis. not steve smith. it happened during one the games after gettis returned from the pup list when he was just standing on the sideline ready to go in. i made a david gettis thread last year asking why was he just standing on the sideline. you think this landing in rivera doghouse just started just because wtf

did you read his sig? because i have serious questions about your talent evaluations and you should probably let the professionals be the professionals.

So you never fuging disagree with a move this team makes i guess??

So I should never see you post a non pro Panther opinion right??

It doesn't take a professional talent evaluator to see 6'3 4.3 speed and 212lb has more upside then 5-10 who gets walk down by punters.

Based on our scheme....the rare moments we run 3 WRs it calls for Ginn's skill set over AE.

In our scheme the the very top of the WR depth chart matters

WR 1 is listed as Smith and Edwards only, Ginn is the backup to Hixon and Lafell at the WR2 spot as the 5th WR on the websites and team's updated depth chart. 

Archived