• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

We are talking about 2011 not 2010. Go back and read the threads. Everyone was pissed that Lafell was getting more number two reps than Gettis, but it was because, according to reports, that Lafell was performing better all throughout OTA's and early Training Camp, before he got hurt. 

In 2011 both struggled in the first part of camp and Rivera got Leggitron to light a fire. Gettis got hurt and LaFell performed. You cant really compare a airplane that flies to one that's missing a wing.

Edwards had a good game one. Thats like saying everyone knew Hixon was a beast by watching game 4. Let me go on record as saying IM NOT CONVINCED. Far as Im concerned the only WRs that have proved themselves are Smith and LaFell.

I didn't say he proved himself, I said he performed the best in the eyes of the team and won the 3WR spot. Which is a fact and how it's listed on the official depth chart. He has a ton too prove this season and I hope he shuts all the haters up. 

You all realize that Gettis was waived/injured, right? There's a possibility he ends up getting stashed to IR. If he's earned his shot then he'll be there, otherwise, he's gone.

But I love how there's this conspiracy with Rivera to keep him off the roster when Gettleman is the one making the decisions, and how when photographic evidence of Gettis' problems is posted there are a bunch of excuses and cries of bias. He didn't get the job done, period.

In 2011 both struggled in the first part of camp and Rivera got Leggitron to light a fire. Gettis got hurt and LaFell performed. You cant really compare a airplane that flies to one that's missing a wing.

Yeah, Rivera's quote was something to the effect of 

"No one's really separated themselves from the pack for the number two"

Still doesn't negate the fact that Lafell was getting more reps there before Legapoopoo was brought in.

It also doesn't make my statement regarding calling Gettis the defacto number two going into 2011, prior to injury, false either  - in fact, it serves to bolster my point.

It's was a joke. You know I have nothing but love for you, man. 

Jesus, what is it with you guys. Why are you all so emotionally invested in what would have been the 6WR on the depth chart?

Get a fuging grip ya'll. 

Its because everyone knows Gettis was just as good as AE and HIxon yet he is getting canned. All three of them were injured but because Gettis got hurt the last game he gets the boot. Its also clear that either Rivera just did not like Gettis or Gettlemen did not want to cut Hixon.

Its because everyone knows Gettis was just as good as AE and HIxon yet he is getting canned. All three of them were injured but because Gettis got hurt the last game he gets the boot. Its also clear that either Rivera just did not like Gettis or Gettlemen did not want to cut Hixon.

Hixon has proven to be a better all around WR on Sundays.....given he is healthy.

Yeah, Rivera's quote was something to the effect of 

"No one's really separated themselves from the pack for the number two"

Still doesn't negate the fact that Lafell was getting more reps there before Legapoopoo was brought in.

It also doesn't make my statement regarding calling Gettis the defacto number two going into 2011, prior to injury, false either  - in fact, it serves to bolster my point.

I will agree there was no one set at #2 but its still does not mean that LaFell did more than Gettis year 1 and Gettis was the #2 that year. Everything goes out the Door when a new coach arrives. I mean CJ sat the bench and others the first year because he crossed Rivera. Still we are comparing someone who got hurt to someone who didnt. Thats like saying Smith was no the #1 WR the year he broke his leg because Moose stepped up.

Archived