• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

While there is truth to what you are saying, it's not that simple. I'm also going off of the history Rivera had with Gettis prior to Gettleman coming on. It's my opinion, that Gettis didn't get a fair chance under Rivera. To continue to pedal other guys in front of us who have done less and convince us they're more because he says so is the issue. The same thing has happened with other players (Fua and Nakamura come to mind).

But, it's over and done with. There's no point in arguing it. We have what we have on our roster, I just don't agree at all with this move and I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me or approve of it.

Take a look at the pic I just posted in this thread. There's your answer.

Oline

Oc

And lack of someone to bail Cam out. We shouldn't be sitting here talking about our number 1 receiver will be playing in the slot. Roddy and Jones makes Ryan look wayyy better

I agree about White/Jones making Ryan look better but what did ATL have to sacrifice to get that duo? I for one am not willing to jeopardize the future of the franchise for a luxury like a dominant #2 receiver. We have serviceable guys for the moment. Gettis was not, is not serviceable being injured. This was not a tough call to make.

This sounds more a like "nooooo, not facts! ARGH!!!!" than a legitimate retort.

It's one play, dude. Get real. Are you trying to suggest to me that THE Armanti Edwards, LaFell, Smitty, or any of them never made a mistake?  For all intents and purposes, Gettis is still pretty raw. I've already thrown some "facts" out also that you have not really addressed, the main one being that our receiving corps is less talented without David Gettis. Period!

I agree about White/Jones making Ryan look better but what did ATL have to sacrifice to get that duo? I for one am not willing to jeopardize the future of the franchise for a luxury like a dominant #2 receiver. We have serviceable guys for the moment. Gettis was not, is not serviceable being injured. This was not a tough call to make.

I learned from the Ravens, as long as you're close to getting to the SB year after year... luck may eventually roll in at some point

B/C of that deal, Falcons are close to getting there... extremely close. I rather be that close

I'm not upset because Ginn makes Gettis obsolete. They serve the exact same role in the offense, track star speed to stretch the defense, but Ginn does it better and also is a superstar return man.

I do think it's silly that Edwards contributes literally nothing to the Panthers but will cling on for years to come on potential alone.

I learned from the Ravens, as long as you're close to getting to the SB year after year... luck may eventually roll in at some point

B/C of that deal, Falcons are close to getting there... extremely close. I rather be that close

They are not that close. Bad D line, bad secondary, atrocious O line, old at several positions. I like our roster to theirs any day.

It's one play, dude. Get real. Are you trying to suggest to me that THE Armanti Edwards, LaFell, Smitty, or any of them never made a mistake?  For all intents and purposes, Gettis is still pretty raw. I've already thrown some "facts" out also that you have not really addressed, the main one being that our receiving corps is less talented without David Gettis. Period!

How raw can one be after three years in the league? And talent doesn't mean jackshit if you don't put yourself in the best possible position to utilize it. The NFL is very simple in the way it works: if you want to see the field, play your ass off until the coaches have no choice but to put you out there. That's how Smitty shook off the "kick returner" label and became the force of nature he is now. That's why no one even thought of giving Beason his old job back once Kuechly took a hold of it. Gettis didn't fight for his job, so he lost it.

He was waived/injured and reverted back to IR after going unclaimed through waivers.

Did he make the final 53? Oh, yeah IR... Meaning not really on the squad, and won't contribute at all. Keep the sig, I really don't even care.

Archived