• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

And it's not even about consistency (per se) as much as it is about efficiency. That's what some people are failing to realize, but I hope that Ginn (and Cam's belief in him) can help fix that. I hope. But Ginn is going to have to really earn it.

2 deep threats are better than one. Smith no longer beats coverage deep anymore. I dont even remember the last time Smith burned somebody deep

So defenses know Ginn is our major deep threat and will seriously key on it

jgbiZuX.png

Do you see this? The play has been called in the huddle, everyone else is ready for the snap, and LaFell is having to line Gettis up. Cam is literally standing there waiting for his receivers to get to their proper positions. This is why Gettis lived in Rivera's doghouse, and this is why he may not make it back onto the roster. This is inexcusable for a player that has had the playbook for two years. This is why LaFell and Armanti and Hixon and so on all got looks well ahead of Gettis. it's not a question of talent, it's a question of why he's not doing the very basics with literally nothing else to spend his time doing.

But his size and speed tho

Our offense was not consistent last year dude

And it's not going to be consistent this year

That's my point

I'm not tearing down Armanti. Yes Gettis injury did hurt him... but wasn't Gettis ready end of last year. Since Gettis told Rivera off, he's had a vendetta against him. After game 1 he should have ran with the 1's and didn't

Agree to disagree dude. IMO the O was inconsistent due to suspect play calling by a questionable OC. Gettis would not have changed that.

Yeah, AE making play after play after play against legit defenders in camp trumps Gettis catching a couple against guys who will be selling insurance.

In don't give a fug what you do when you know this man can't hit you. He has shown and proven nothing yet.

Their is no way you're going to sit here and say looking great in practice against your teammates is more important then looking good against actually competition.

jgbiZuX.png

Do you see this? The play has been called in the huddle, everyone else is ready for the snap, and LaFell is having to line Gettis up. Cam is literally standing there waiting for his receivers to get to their proper positions. This is why Gettis lived in Rivera's doghouse, and this is why he may not make it back onto the roster. This is inexcusable for a player that has had the playbook for two years. This is why LaFell and Armanti and Hixon and so on all got looks well ahead of Gettis. it's not a question of talent, it's a question of why he's not doing the very basics with literally nothing else to spend his time doing.

Can we get this marked as solved please. This is important because if I'm correct it was the first time he lined up with the 1s. Now he did catch the ball but who knows if he ran the right route and Cam was just testing him.

jgbiZuX.png

Don't know any other way to say it. Bullshit! Let's not make this about Gettis being lazy. Anyone can get rusty and make a mistake.  Do I have to link to a video of Gettis actually making catches? Please. Don't insult our intelligence.

Agree to disagree dude. IMO the O was inconsistent due to suspect play calling by a questionable OC. Gettis would not have changed that.

Oline

Oc

And lack of someone to bail Cam out. We shouldn't be sitting here talking about our number 1 receiver will be playing in the slot. Roddy and Jones makes Ryan look wayyy better

Don't know any other way to say it. Bullshit! Let's not make this about Gettis being lazy. Anyone can get rusty and make a mistake.  Do I have to link to a video of Gettis actually making catches? Please. Don't insult our intelligence.

This sounds more a like "nooooo, not facts! ARGH!!!!" than a legitimate retort.

jgbiZuX.png

I really don't see how anyone can argue with this. I wanted Gettis to make the team... BUT this is pretty much why he got cut.

This post should be given the "Best Answer" award for this thread!

God job FP

Don't be intentionally obtuse. If Gettis was someone with great potential, Gettleman would tell Rivera to sack up and make use of him. This is a man who was groomed for over two fuging decades as a professional and collegiate scout, and worked as a professional player personnel director for 6 superbowl teams. If Gettleman was ok with releasing him versus keeping him over our other receivers then I'm a-o-fuging-k with it.

While there is truth to what you are saying, it's not that simple. I'm also going off of the history Rivera had with Gettis prior to Gettleman coming on. It's my opinion, that Gettis didn't get a fair chance under Rivera. To continue to pedal other guys in front of us who have done less and convince us they're more because he says so is the issue. The same thing has happened with other players (Fua and Nakamura come to mind).

But, it's over and done with. There's no point in arguing it. We have what we have on our roster, I just don't agree at all with this move and I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me or approve of it.

Archived