• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Look you can support Gettis without tearing down Armanti. Armanti is a panther and we should all support the guy for working hard and earning his spot.

If you trusted Gettleman with every other move you have to trust him with this one. We don't see everything. We have to trust that the best 53 made the roster.

Fua is gone

Jimmy is gone

If you trusted him with those moves trust him with this one.

Yeah but Gettis showed more in games where people were allowed to hit him.

Edwards plays in 1 game and practice is what carried him thru really??

Yeah, AE making play after play after play against legit defenders in camp trumps Gettis catching a couple against guys who will be selling insurance.

Wouldn't multi-year career imply playing meaningful snaps in more than one year?

Not necessarily. In some cases it means riding the pine, and/or not even being thought enough of to be activated on game days, even though you were healthy enough to play.  I guess it's a hard job, but somebody has to do it.

I don't even know where you're headed with this argument. Our O will score. 89,88,34,1 will all score an appropriate amount of TDs.

Our offense was not consistent last year dude

And it's not going to be consistent this year

That's my point

I'm not tearing down Armanti. Yes Gettis injury did hurt him... but wasn't Gettis ready end of last year. Since Gettis told Rivera off, he's had a vendetta against him. After game 1 he should have ran with the 1's and didn't 

He looked better in actually games against actually competition where you can actually be hit. Not in shorts where he knew he can get hit.

What about in the film room?

What about knowing plays in practice?

The playbook is much larger than what was shown in preseason. Perhaps in shorts he couldn't absorb the 200+ plays but only the 50 plays we ran in preseason?

You guys who watch 4 preseason games and think you have all the info you need to know what is up is fooling yourself.

Armanti "Teflon" Edwards, lives to ride another day. Lmfao@ someone saying he can play special teams. Hell, I can "play" chess...just not very well.

So what you're saying is that you made a retort, based solely on an ASSumption? In the daytight compartment that is your mind, one's either a "hater" or a "fanboy". Got it.

No assuming necessary when you lay it out as clearly as the post above. In a thread titled "Goodbye David Gettis".

There's no need to back peddle.

Look, it's really effing simple: Gettis was in this offense for the last two years. He STILL didn't know where to line up. A receiver not knowing where to line up is not going to see the field. A receiver that has had two years to read the playbook and watch the snaps and view film and still doesn't know where to line up isn't going to make the team.

It's really that effing simple.

And Edwards has been in just as long and has 5 catches and we still don't know if he can take contact.

jgbiZuX.png

Do you see this? The play has been called in the huddle, everyone else is ready for the snap, and LaFell is having to line Gettis up. Cam is literally standing there waiting for his receivers to get to their proper positions. This is why Gettis lived in Rivera's doghouse, and this is why he may not make it back onto the roster. This is inexcusable for a player that has had the playbook for two years. This is why LaFell and Armanti and Hixon and so on all got looks well ahead of Gettis. It's not a question of talent, it's a question of why he's not doing the very basics with literally nothing else to spend his time doing.

Our offense was not consistent last year dude

And it's not going to be consistent this year

That's my point

I'm not tearing down Armanti. Yes Gettis injury did hurt him... but wasn't Gettis ready end of last year. Since Gettis told Rivera off, he's had a vendetta against him. After game 1 he should have ran with the 1's and didn't 

And it's not even about consistency (per se) as much as it is about efficiency. That's what some people are failing to realize, but I hope that Ginn (and Cam's belief in him) can help fix that. I hope. But Ginn is going to have to really earn it.

Archived