• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Please. It doesn't take 25 years of player personnel and scouting experience to see that Gettis did a whole helluva lot more this preseason to justify a roster a spot than Armanti Edwards has done in his whole career.

Really, compare a preseason vs a mutli-year career, and it's a sad testament that the two are even in the same neighborhood, much less that the career is arguably on the shorter end of the stick.  

Don't give me that G-man poo right now.  He better bring in some guards, or I will wonder if he's lost his senses.

Wouldn't multi-year career imply playing meaningful snaps in more than one year?

So you're saying we should have cut them all?

No, but I'd like the anti-Gettis mob to tell me what those guys had that Gettis didn't?

I mentioned Rivera, not Gettleman b/c there was an existing riff between he and Gettis, at least from outside observations.

Guy gets cut and you immediately resort to cracking jokes about another player who actually earned a spot?

Who's a fanboy here?

So what you're saying is that you made a retort, based solely on an ASSumption? In the daytight compartment that is your mind, one's either a "hater" or a "fanboy". Got it.

Look, it's really effing simple: Gettis was in this offense for the last two years. He STILL didn't know where to line up. A receiver not knowing where to line up is not going to see the field. A receiver that has had two years to read the playbook and watch the snaps and view film and still doesn't know where to line up isn't going to make the team.

It's really that effing simple.

The logic of you at least have to look better than AE in training camp to make this team logic.....which Gettis didn't.

Bar was pretty low and Gettis couldn't do it....which tells you a lot.

He looked better in actually games against actually competition  where you can actually be hit. Not in shorts where he knew he can get hit.

Archived