• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodbye David Gettis

Zod

Pull ya panties out ya crack and put down ya pom-poms. Everyone isn't going to be a fanboy. "Hate" is entirely overused.

Guy gets cut and you immediately resort to cracking jokes about another player who actually earned a spot?

Who's a fanboy here?

Gettis has been cut and still all his fans can talk about is what he did three years ago lol.

His fans?

Are we not ALL Panthers fans?????

I'm sure some wanted him to work out here... If he did we re-sign him on the cheap...

I'm sure that BEFORE this move was made most Panthers fans would say that Gettis was better than AE

But of course now that Gettis is cut and the writing is on the wall you have all the fake people come out and are all like... Yeah, Gettis sucked and AE is way better...

That's the Internet for you. Oh well. Gettis is gone... AE is still here... For the lack of a better term and to just be funny "it is what it is"

Bottom line is WE ALL ARE Panthers fans and we want what's best for the organization! We won't always be on the same page, but it doesn't have to get out of hand with insults either.

It's asinine

We don't have any big play maker threats receiving wise, which is why once again Cam will probably throw under 20 TD's. Cam should be 25+ TD's period, maybe even 30

So we have 2 guys that hasn't done ish in years. Armanti, Gettis

Let's go with slower one knowing one thing you need in this league is speed, as well as knowing Cam needs a receiver with size

Impress a man with 25 years of player personnel and scouting experience enough to make a roster with only 4 other WR's on it, despite not playing in the last three preseason games?

Please. It doesn't take 25 years of player personnel and scouting experience to see that Gettis did a whole helluva lot more this preseason to justify a roster a spot than Armanti Edwards has done in his whole career.

Really, compare a preseason vs a mutli-year career, and it's a sad testament that the two are even in the same neighborhood, much less that the career is arguably on the shorter end of the stick.  

Don't give me that G-man poo right now.  He better bring in some guards, or I will wonder if he's lost his senses.

His fans?

Are we not ALL Panthers fans?????

I'm sure some wanted him to work out here... If he did we re-sign him on the cheap...

I'm sure that BEFORE this move was made most Panthers fans would say that Gettis was better than AE

But of course now that Gettis is cut and the writing is on the wall you have all the fake people come out and are all like... Yeah, Gettis sucked and AE is way better...

That's the Internet for you. Oh well. Gettis is gone... AE is still here... For the lack of a better term and to just be funny "it is what it is"

Bottom line is WE ALL ARE Panthers fans and we want what's best for the organization! We won't always be on the same page, but it doesn't have to get out of hand with insults either.

Apparently not.

If you have to belittle and bash other Panthers players to prop up your own guy. Yeah, something is wrong.

What logic?? Oh I forgot he finally showed he can catch when he knew people couldn't knock his block off.

The logic of you at least have to look better than AE in training camp to make this team logic.....which Gettis didn't.

Bar was pretty low and Gettis couldn't do it....which tells you a lot.

What logic?? Oh I forgot he finally showed he can catch when he knew people couldn't knock his block off.

Im not an ae apologist (i want all panther receivers to play like #1s) but he really looked MUCH improved in the first game. Not only did he have the 2 catches but he got open multiple times.

Archived