• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen is Done

chknwing

2010 flashbacks all night long.  Couldn't sleep and now here I am at work...0830 hours, no plans of doing anything productive all day long.  Yes Clausen fooled me but needs to be cut and yes, I will probably comment on any and all posts here today as I get paid while perusing the Huddle.

Hung over, Friday, no boss, Pickles sucks, hung over...it's going to be one of those days.

Do you guys realize he was running for his life? Lets throw Cam in the game with the 5th oline and Brenton bersin and whoever 83 was.

Your first experience watching Clausen behind center? Absolutely nothing changes when he has protection, he rolls out of the pocket every snap the wrong way right into the D-Line and either throws it away, underthrows the checkdown or takes the sack.

The kid isn't cut from NFL cloth.

yeah jimmy was ineffective playing with the scrubs. But one thing about the guy. when he is on the sideline, he is always talking to his teammates or looking at the books.   He  probably wont ever be tom brady but he  will make some team a decent back up behind a starting line that can give him time.   just needs to go and free up a roster spot for us.

I'm not a Clausen "fan". I am however not blind to the fact that when your put in with the third oline, not much is expected. Jimmy behind the first oline would be different than Jimmy behind the third. Just saying.

So did you miss 2010 or what? Point is, Jimmy has not improved enough to not warrant being cut. Waste of roster space.

Cam has been pretty durable. *** knock on wood ***

For having a backup QB that never really plays, Anderson is a waste of money at 800K. Clausen is cheap at 400K per year. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut Anderson and keep Jimmy. And yes, it would be a money thing. When you have guys on your roster that do anything, it usually is.

So did you miss 2010 or what? Point is, Jimmy has not improved enough to not warrant being cut. Waste of roster space.

No, I didn't miss 2010, watched every game no matter how hungover I was(was living in Greenville, NC at the time) . Yes he was terrible then and is probably pretty bad now but we can't say this was a make or break game for him because of who he played behind. Last week he looked better than Anderson this week he sucks according to many people here.

Ok so remind me what string offenseive line was playing while Jimmy was on the field? I believe the fumble play at the goal line, the center stepped on his foot. I am not defending Jimmy, believe me he needs to go. Just factor all the pieces before we judge too harshly. Derek Anderson is the most accurate QB we have, Period. Cam is harder to prepare for, but Derek hits the numbers, and even the deep ball was dead on target. Anderson should be a starter, so I feel we are extremely lucky to have Cam and Derek.

Archived