• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen is Done

chknwing

I'll eat the crow but you do realize he didn't look near this bad this preseason and his money is guaranteed. We gain no cap space from cutting him, so yeah, he had a chance to make the roster and blew it.

He blew his chances a long time ago.

One halfway decent performance in the preseason wasn't going to be enough.

clausen should have been shining since he was playing with the people he normally practices with aka 2nd/3rd string.  He did absolutly nothing. hes been on this team far to long to still play like a rookie. I tried to find one thing he did well and I'm afraid the only thing I saw was when he took a knee at the end of the game. he is a waste of a roster spot. Its time to move on from clausen.

Eh. If Armand Smith extends his hands a foot as he fall toward the endzone, Jimmy just lead a TD drive.

He should be cut but it has nothing to do with this game.

looking at a body of work over a single performance is a great idea, but tonight's performance embodied his career performance with us, soooooooo... cut

I feel bad for him, but that display was one of the worst QB displays I have ever seen. It was literally a comedy of errors.

You could make an entire blooper reel off of tonights performance.

Feel bad for the kid but that is the breaks.

I should add that it wasn't all his fault. But damn.

I cried of joy when we drafted him. I would now cry of joy to see him gone. I'm not sure where some fans got the feeling that he was going to take the no.2 spot away from DA some weeks ago. The man have been broken.

I'd vomit if we were to keep 3 QBs (Clausen) this season. That spot needs to go somewhere else: OL / DL.

Archived