• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers QB Corps ranked 6th in the NFL ???

E CaT PanTHer

Sorgi is not by any means as good as McCown as far as being a proven starting guy your team can win with.

I think that's the main premise of the article.

Really, backup QB is an area most teams sacrifice a bit with because it's not a position where there is more than one on the field at one time.

Sorgi is not by any means as good as McCown as far as being a proven starting guy your team can win with.

I think that's the main premise of the article.

Really, backup QB is an area most teams sacrifice a bit with because it's not a position where there is more than one on the field at one time.

Exactly. At QB every team needs "the guy," a solid journeyman, a prospect, and a scout team QB. Some lucky teams can get quality work out of 2 or 3 players, but most need 4 or more.

The Panthers got stung by QB depth a couple years back, but overall things are decent.

Jake is a top-20 player who won't lose the game, unless he's going down with the ship, and damn the torpedos.

McCown is a solid vet who does the work, and who has won games for bad teams. Regardless of the stats or records, he has the ability and knows what it takes to win a game.

Moore is a sharp young kid with a good arm. He kept his game together in a tight spot and won some games in his rookie year. Meanwhile he learned from Jake and Vinnie T, and witnessed the vacuum of suck that was David Carr. Sure, he crapped the bed in the preseason last year. Everybody wrote him off, but that was the preseason--the only good place to make mistakes.

Overall, I'd give us a B at the position. Not outstanding, but plenty of promise.

Archived