• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis

davos

It seems every year around now there isn't too much to discuss and I always tend to realize how awesome Thomas Davis is. Behind Harris & Beason, TD is extremely important to our defensive chemistry, cohesiveness, and overall play. At times, he becomes a very under-appreciated aspect of our team.

Hard-hitter, multi-talented, now an extremely solid vet. And I hate to look at stats too much, but his best "on-paper" year was in fact last season:

113 Tackles

3.5 Sacks

2 Forced Fumbles

here's to TD :cheers2:

He's easily the most underrated player on the team, from a fan aspect and also where the media is concerned. He had a slow start due to a less than perfect transition from S to SLB to S to SLB to WLB but he's finally come into his own and I can't wait to see him again this year. He is the Lance Briggs to the Brian Urlacher if you will.

From a post of mine a couple weeks ago:

Let's face it, the guy is 26 years old, has escalated his impact every year, and is now playing next to an All-Pro 24 year old team leader."

And he really knows how to bring the wood.

I have met the guy. Solid character off the field, if you ask me. I met him during the foulness that was a couple of months ago, when the Peppers saga took a turn for the worst. The guy had nothing bad to say about the situation, he just praised Pep for his hard work and wished him the best.

I did joke with him at the time about how I held off on the #90 jersey, so I could buy the #34. He was like...man, why not the #58????

Easily one of my top five favorite Panthers

I have met the guy. Solid character off the field, if you ask me. I met him during the foulness that was a couple of months ago, when the Peppers saga took a turn for the worst. The guy had nothing bad to say about the situation, he just praised Pep for his hard work and wished him the best.

I did joke with him at the time about how I held off on the #90 jersey, so I could buy the #34. He was like...man, why not the #58????

Easily one of my top five favorite Panthers

Not at all surprising. He's a keeper and I don't think he has come close to his potential. 26 years old.:)

Archived