• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know I know PRESEASON.... But should we be concerned about Cam's accuracy?

CardiacCats

And by the way,ESPN does suck ass.I knew a soon as they showed the montage of Cam pouting last year that they where hoping he would fail.Funny how they had that crap all cued up and ready to add to the broadcast.

The o line is poo, he's never been good in the preseason and we've barely even opened the playbook, but even sometimes he has had time tonight he's made multiple bad, bad throws that should be automatic by now. Look I love Cam, he's my favorite player on the team but I'm growing a little concerned. Please don't poo on me

In all honesty I think when it comes to Cam, It's clear ESPN/NFLN have their script ready for him regardless of what he does on the field. If you go look at some of the preseason games so far, Cam is not playing any different than the other QBs. How many INTs did Brady have tonight?

It's getting kinda boring when I watch these game with certain QBs under center and I can predict what is going to come out of the mouths of these so call experts. They seem hell bent on training us to see these QBs not as they truly are, but as they want us to see them.  IMO, Cam threw a couple of bad balls tonight. He's intitled too. It seems, as I stated before, the receivers for QBs like Luck, Manning, and Flacco, will go out of their way to reign in their over-thrown or under-thrown balls and these Analysts will barely make much of it. But when it comes to Cam, even if the receivers reign in his mistakes, it's obvious that they have to point out any and every mistake he makes and when the mistake isn't his, they still try to find something to criticize him about. So darn obvious. 

And by the way,ESPN does suck ass.I knew a soon as they showed the montage of Cam pouting last year that they where hoping he would fail.Funny how they had that crap all cued up and ready to add to the broadcast.

Those folks on ESPN need to sit their asses down when it comes to their so called unbiased analyzying of these games. They are so damn predictable. When Grudden started to pull out his 2011 script for Cam, I had to remember what network I was watching. Sad.

I am more concerned of why we as a fan base expect this offense to be better than they have shown in the Pre-season.

Can you tell one offensive threat that we brought in since Cam has been here?

You know, to the offense that was one of the worst ranked offenses the season prior to him getting here.

Because this isn't the real offense maybe?

we have also seen every QB do those things.hell the QB on the other side of the field did that in this game, and he just won a super bowl MVP. QBs do go perfect in this game, i forgot.

Sure every QB does those things from time to time.The problem for Cam is he has that issue almost every week.

Let's define, at least roughly, what is an "obvious passing situation" in the NFL.

How about 3rd down and 3 plus yards to go???

For almost any NFL team, 3rd down and 3 plus is an obvious passing situation.

The opposing DC can go vanilla. He can blitz. He can go nickel. He can go dime. But whatever he does, your QB is probably going to have to stick in the pocket and complete an accurate pass down field. And everyone in the stadium knows he has to do this.

How was Newton in those situations last year??? 49.15% completions. That's worse than Mark Sanchez. That's worse than Blaine Gabbert.

Blame an otherwise inept offense for putting Newton into too many long yardage situations??? Newton was 50.8 % on 3rd and 3 to 8 yards to go. Admittedly, this was better than Gabbert who finished at 48.9% on 3rd and 3 to 8.

Blame Carolina's 15th ranked offensive line???

Blame Carolina's receivers???

How is Newton looking this preseason in those same situations???

I got it !!! I got it !!!

Mike Shula is a full retard !!! Mike Shula is a full retard !!!

If Cam Newton does not play well, it is always someone else's fault. Always.

Let's define, at least roughly, what is an "obvious passing situation" in the NFL.

How about 3rd down and 3 plus yards to go???

For almost any NFL team, 3rd down and 3 plus is an obvious passing situation.

The opposing DC can go vanilla. He can blitz. He can go nickel. He can go dime. But whatever he does, your QB is probably going to have to stick in the pocket and complete an accurate pass down field. And everyone in the stadium knows he has to do this.

How was Newton in those situations last year??? 49.15% completions. That's worse than Mark Sanchez. That's worse than Blaine Gabbert.

Blame an otherwise inept offense for putting Newton into too many long yardage situations??? Newton was 50.8 % on 3rd and 3 to 8 yards to go. Admittedly, this was better than Gabbert who finished at 48.9% on 3rd and 3 to 8.

Blame Carolina's 15th ranked offensive line???

Blame Carolina's receivers???

How is Newton looking this preseason in those same situations???

I got it !!! I got it !!!

Mike Shula is a full retard !!! Mike Shula is a full retard !!!

If Cam Newton does not play well, it is always someone else's fault. Always.

Oh please. You clearly saw the dropped passes by lafell and olsen on 3rd downs yet you are trying to act like people are making up elaborate excuses for cam? Give me a fuging break jesus, you people are just as annoying as the cam nuthuggers you love to call.

Oh please. You clearly saw the dropped passes by lafell and olsen on 3rd downs yet you are trying to act like people are making up elaborate excuses for cam? Give me a fuging break jesus, you people are just as annoying as the cam nuthuggers you love to call.

thanks for proving my point.

How about last week ???

How about last year ???

Carolina's First Team Offense has gone 12 straight possessions without scoring a touchdown this preseason.

"I was absolutely not pleased with how I played," Newton told The Associated Press

thanks for proving my point.

How about last week ???

How about last year ???

Carolina's First Team Offense has gone 12 straight possessions without scoring a touchdown this preseason.

"I was absolutely not pleased with how I played," Newton told The Associated Press

What is the point of your quote from cam? Obviously no one is pleased with how cam played because he can and has played better than he did tonight. However you are not looking at nuances of the game that contributed to cam not performing well. How much was he pressured because of a bad o-line compared to other qbs, how much was he sacked compared to others. All of that matters. Cam needs to get better no one here is disagreeing but so does the o-line, so does the wr to not drop multiple passes. 

I don't know where you got your numbers from but PFF had Cam at 55.8% on third downs (FYI: Cam interestingly enough is dominant on first downs).

Don't know if you're trolling, or completely misinformed.

Newton was 50.4 % on all 3rd downs last year.

He was 55.6 % on 3rd and 1 to 2 yards to go.

You are the one who is "completely uninformed"...

Newton's success on 1st down was largely a product of the uncertainty introduced by the read option...you take away that uncertainty...and guess what??? You get 49.8% on 3rd and more than 2. Look it up.

Lmao, the uncertainty? Hahaha! Chud's playcalling was beyond predictable last season, especially when Cam was in the Read Option formation. The fact that Newton amassed so much yardage on first downs was purely on Cam's athletic ability. There was never any mystery you obscene dolt.

Funny you mention Sanchez and Gabbert in that collective group. Guess what they all had in common with Newton last season? No run game, and no inconsistent protection.

I applaud your pathetic attempt to appear intelligent but alas...

If Newton's success on 1st down was strictly due to his athletic ability...why did that athletic ability desert him when the other team knew he had to pass ???

You want to talk about QB's with no run game and inconsistent protection???

I can list several who had worse run games, and worse protection than Newton...

How about Aaron Rogers for starters???

And Rivers, Dalton, Romo, Roethlisberger and Flacco...

Chudzinski was predictable on 1st down calls last year ???...LOL:

-On first down, the Panthers passed the ball 130 times (50% of first downs) and ran 128 running plays (50% of first downs)

It is impossible to get less predictable than 50/50...LOL...but go ahead and keep proving you don't know what you are talking about.

Archived