• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know I know PRESEASON.... But should we be concerned about Cam's accuracy?

CardiacCats

No.

Looking at tonight, two things... 1) he was 10 of 19, I can think of 3 that were catchable yet the receiver dropped it. (I'm not counting 2 because either the receiver ran the wrong route, or he threw to the wrong spot so it could've been his fault.) 2) Turns out Brady isn't the most accurate mofo either when D linemen are all over him

No.

Looking at tonight, two things... 1) he was 10 of 19, I can think of 3 that were catchable yet the receiver dropped it. (I'm not counting 2 because either the receiver ran the wrong route, or he threw to the wrong spot so it could've been his fault.) 2) Turns out Brady isn't the most accurate mofo either when D linemen are all over him

The routes, weren't ran correctly on those other passes. 

This

ProFootballFocus.com had a great story yesterday, with the stats on deep pass attempts (I would have posted it yesterday but my connection kept going in and out), a Cam Newton leads the NFL in deep pass attempts (passes over 20 yards deep, in the air) with 43 (18% of Cam's total pass attempts). Giants QB Eli Manning with 38 is the only QB within 12 of Cam's total

http://www.derp/2011/10/22/2506394/cam-leads-nfl-in-deep-passes

+ this

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo 10h

Cam Newton completed 43.9% of his passes more than 20 yards downfield last season, 2nd best in the NFC. More on CAR next on @SportsCenter

=

No.

So this thread =  ccbdfd06_tumblr_lyd8kgAjMn1qma1obo1_250.

Basic math  ;)

Amazing!

Flacco throws like 4 picks, and they mention Cam, who had none, and a positive completion %, to go along with the win.

Almost, like some on the Huddle here. Lol

Yeah, we'll I guess that's what I get for not turning the channel after the game. My IQ just dropped like 11 points just from watching.

Cam will never be a real precision passer, he needs a complete balanced offense (running game,oline.and receivers) to maximize his game.If he had those things, he would be tearing it up. He is a great athlete that can be a very good quarterback with the right pieces around him.It is obvious that it won't work if he is expected too stand in there and thread the needle with his passing game.I don't understand how DG made the"has to win"statement knoWing that there are some major problems on the offensive side.

Archived