• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know I know PRESEASON.... But should we be concerned about Cam's accuracy?

CardiacCats

To the OP: Big Yawn. Next Game please. 

Can't wait for the start of the season. 

Hopefully the offense will work on a few things (Lafell dropped big pass in his chest; Olsen ran route short up the middle; and dropped easy passed during the next play after Cam called TO), and perform when the lights are on. 

Once again, this was preseason. 

I think so.

This is year 3 of the Cam Newton era. He is STILL making the EXACT same mistakes he made game 1 of his rookie year(bad footwork leading to overthrowing of receivers). Notice that nearly every single pass is to the sideline, identical to the majority of plays that we called the last two years. We wonder why there are no quick drop offs or 3 step drops and it comes down to Cam's short to intermediate accuracy(look at the failure of most of our screen plays, it comes from inaccuracy throwing the ball to the runningback causing the back to stop to make sure they catch it, while the blockers move forward leaving an opening to easily tackle the rb for a 0-1 yard gain)

This season is not about Cam Newton. It is about getting the defense who we have invested nearly all of our resources in to lead us to the playoffs.

We need Cam, and the offense, to not turn the ball over and generally stay out of the way of the defense.

I havent seen multiple bad throws and you can't name 3

i would need to watch the game again to specifically name them, but he has missed many throws he should have made. i know he hasnt been comfortable at all, but there have been some pretty simple pitch and catch throws that he just hasnt delivered. 

he missed 2 throws that i saw that he should have made

he also hit 3 people right in the numbers who didn't catch it.

he was also worried about getting his head ripped off for most of the game

he also could not rely on the run game because this o-line is complete poo.

i have been very laid back about waiting. i've seen enough. this o-line will be our biggest weakness. and i'm scared for Cam if we don't get it fixed.

It's amazing that a group of Panther fans (aka Huddlers) can sit through that entire game (preseason at that), and start a thread about the QB, instead of the OL, Running game and/or DB's. ). 

SMH like a wet dog. 

you cant find a topic not calling out the OL. come on man we can point out the cams accuracy looks shaky. 

Numbers

Cam got 9 in-completions, no INT, no TD

Flacco has 6, with the ball ending up in our opponents hands 3 times. 1 TD

And ask who has the better offensive line?

You know we can make things easier for Cam. Roll-outs, 2 TE's, TE screens, dump offs... short passes like Ravens do all the time

It's amazing that a group of Panther fans (aka Huddlers) can sit through that entire game (preseason at that), and start a thread about the QB, instead of the OL, Running game and/or DB's. ). 

SMH like a wet dog. 

They did this last season too. In the Denver game, Huddlers were more concern with why Cam was unable to score...instead of why the defense was allowing Peyton Manning 15 straight completions.

Archived