• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why all the Fan Hate for Peppers????

carolinaAl

Loyalty is out the window in the NFL. As a metter fo fact that is what it stands for is No Fugging Loyalty.

Why should players be loyal to teams? Teams sure are not going to be loyal to players. They do what is right for the team, if it hurts an individual player, too bad.

I am sure that really, he didn't want to hurt the team, but if him doing what he really felt was best for him, happen to hurt the team, what's the difference?

given the panthers organization's philosophy of developing their draft picks and keeping them long-term, i'd say we're one of the more "loyal" teams in the sport.

"Wah Wah he told a reporter he didn't want to stay back in February Wah Wah. Im going to ignore that he didn't like Turdo like the rest of us and that he had a change of heart when we hired Meeks and changed defensive strategy Wahhhhhhh. I'm also going to ignore that he had 14.5 sacks last season and keep bringing up '07 as if '08 never happened to back up my opinion that he's lazy. Wahhhh I mean c'mon, he said he didn't wanna be here Wah Wah Wah I can't get over it Wah Wah"

That about sums up why some people still hate him.

"Wah Wah he told a reporter he didn't want to stay back in February Wah Wah. Im going to ignore that he didn't like Turdo like the rest of us and that he had a change of heart when we hired Meeks and changed defensive strategy Wahhhhhhh. I'm also going to ignore that he had 14.5 sacks last season and keep bringing up '07 as if '08 never happened to back up my opinion that he's lazy. Wahhhh I mean c'mon, he said he didn't wanna be here Wah Wah Wah I can't get over it Wah Wah"

That about sums up why some people still hate him.

Thank you for such a productive and positive post. :rolleye:

The Panthers organization is one that is built around integrity, loyalty and moral character. That's part of the reason why it is so great. The organization is loyal to its players, and most of its players are loyal to the organization (Smith, Kasay, Hoover, Gross, Gamble). When a player who has been here his entire career and has been loved by the fanbase is offered the biggest contract for his position in the NFL, we will expect him to want to stay with the team.

Do you honestly believe that BS about him reaching his "potential"? He has every opportunity in the world to be the best DE in the NFL right here in Carolina. It couldn't have been about the money because we were giving him plenty. He was rejecting the Carolina Panthers, and as a fan I will be a little ticked off by that. No, I won't boo the man when he comes on the field. Yes, I will cheer him on and I will wish him the best as long as he is a Panther. But if Steve Smith can be a lifelong Panther and dedicate himself to the team even when he could go to a West Coast Offense and become a Hall of Famer, then I see no reason why Julius Peppers can't show that same dedication.

Really? What or who would you like to see us get in return?

A first round pick to replace the one we traded for Brown.

why? there is no logical reason to want Peppers gone. you want him gone so we can bring in inferior talent? On the current roster, losing Pep would have a bigger effect than losing Smith, Williams, Jake, or Beason for the upcoming year. He is the DL right now until "hopes" become reality.

I'm afraid of what he is capable of doing or not doing for that matter when he doesn't desire to play.

Thank you for such a productive and positive post. :rolleye:

The Panthers organization is one that is built around integrity, loyalty and moral character. That's part of the reason why it is so great. The organization is loyal to its players, and most of its players are loyal to the organization (Smith, Kasay, Hoover, Gross, Gamble). When a player who has been here his entire career and has been loved by the fanbase is offered the biggest contract for his position in the NFL, we will expect him to want to stay with the team.

Do you honestly believe that BS about him reaching his "potential"? He has every opportunity in the world to be the best DE in the NFL right here in Carolina. It couldn't have been about the money because we were giving him plenty. He was rejecting the Carolina Panthers, and as a fan I will be a little ticked off by that. No, I won't boo the man when he comes on the field. Yes, I will cheer him on and I will wish him the best as long as he is a Panther. But if Steve Smith can be a lifelong Panther and dedicate himself to the team even when he could go to a West Coast Offense and become a Hall of Famer, then I see no reason why Julius Peppers can't show that same dedication.

I do think it is safe to say the majority of the fanbase does believe the Panthers have not used Peppers as effectively as they could have in recent years. So yes, I can see how Peppers after this year could think another team could get more out of him if they used him with a heavier emphasis on getting to the QB instead of preventing plays.

also, if the Panthers organization were as big on "integrity, loyalty and moral character" as the picture you paint Steve would be gone. The Panthers are loyal though.....I'll give you that one. Steve Smith has done enough in his career to get his ass kicked to the curb........this is a business and that is why they keep Smith. Smith could also be gone one day....can't use him as the lifelong example while he is still in the middle of his career..........

So can you.

So can I.

So can just about anybody.

What's you point? If you don't like him, don't. All I'm saying'...

No!I won't and you can't make me!

Oh yes I could, but I wouldn't. That wasn't really the point now was it... :lol:

given the panthers organization's philosophy of developing their draft picks and keeping them long-term, i'd say we're one of the more "loyal" teams in the sport

I would agree with that but there are sometimes we have to do what we ahve to do. Ask Lucas. He gets his nose broken in practice, takes the high road adn doesn't sue or press charges against our star player, and as a result brings the whole team closer and many say that is the reason for our 12-4 season. What did he get for his broke nose? Well we tried to trade him to Detroit, and then we sent him packing.

Now I am not saying we did the wrong thing by cuttying him, it was nessesary, but he was loyal to us, we could not be to him.

He wasn't being utilized correctly under Turdovac. The whole defense wasn't. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself. That's why it was never about the money with Peppers. If it was, he would've signed that contract making him the highest paid DE in the league. It was all about Turdo and his bs. Peppers was feed up with him and was rejecting the whole defensive philosophy. Now with Meeks and a new strategy, he has decided to stay. It's crystal clear. Thanks for the neg rep btw.

He wasn't being utilized correctly under Turdovac. The whole defense wasn't. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself. That's why it was never about the money with Peppers. If it was, he would've signed that contract making him the highest paid DE in the league. It was all about Turdo and his bs. Peppers was feed up with him and was rejecting the whole defensive philosophy. Now with Meeks and a new strategy, he has decided to stay. It's crystal clear. Thanks for the neg rep btw.

Then why drag it out? Pretty much the whole D staff was gone weeks after Pep was tagged, Meeks was in place a few weeks later, but he chose to drag it out until he knew there was no other choice but to sign his tender. There never was any other real choice anyway.

If he and his agent had bothered sitting down with Hurney this would have been over month's ago. The Panthers were not going to let him go. Repeat the Panthers wern't letting him go. Marty doesn't use smoke and mirrors, he told the world what the Panthers were going to do and stuck by his word.

Pep needs to sit down and do a long term deal now. He'll never get a better deal than what Carolina is willing to give him.

Not hate...it was just extemely frustrating.

It dragged on all summer, with no updates as to what was going on behind the scenes.

The situation affected our draft and limited our options during entire off season .

With all that being said...it doesnt matter now because he's back.

Hopefully we can lock him in for a long term deal.

Archived