• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why all the Fan Hate for Peppers????

carolinaAl

I have read a million threads in the past and heard a million sports talks shows that were calling for Trgos head and saying how he never used Peppers effectively. Questioning why Pep was dropped into coverage so much.

Isn't that exactly why Peppers said he wanted to leave?

It's not like he said I want to leave because the place sucks or the fans suck or The Panthers suck.

If I remember correctly, he thanked the organization, said his years here were good, but felt he could be more effective somewhere else and did not feel he was at his full potential here, the same thing I have heard a million fans say.

So I am not sure why all the hate for Pep. It is a business, careers are short and he wanted to know that his last few years were his most productive after a great year last year, despite Turdo and Fox.

Maybe they sat him down and promised him that Fox will let Meeks run things and Meeks plans to use Pep more effectively. Afterall, I have read Meeks strentgh is getting players to reach there potential by paying to there strengths.

What say you????

I will post a reason for some of the "hate". One of the things that bugs me about the whole process was the "I dont want to hurt the franchise" comments. When in some ways that is exacetely what Pep did. Just like the article another posted on the board regarding that Gross would have gotten the tag instead - as a result of the Pep issue the Panthers might have been able to sign some key backups and even add some free agents. Instead the team couldn's so that has hurt the depth on the team, which can be critical if the O-line has injuries. So Pep made it impossible for the team to trade him, and now he might want a long term deal????? When if that was in place than the cap issue this offseason is not a problem.

Sure the team wants to keep him but I think Pep was sick of the Fox/Turgo system. Now since there is no way he is getting out of Carolina this year and the defense has new coaches Pep is happy to be here. The fans are pissed because he didn't show the dedication and loyalty to the team that they feel. They just do not understand that to the players it is a business and loyalty has no part in it.

Loyalty is out the window in the NFL. As a metter fo fact that is what it stands for is No Fugging Loyalty.

Why should players be loyal to teams? Teams sure are not going to be loyal to players. They do what is right for the team, if it hurts an individual player, too bad.

I am sure that really, he didn't want to hurt the team, but if him doing what he really felt was best for him, happen to hurt the team, what's the difference?

Archived