• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sabotage in the NFL?

chknwing

Do you think sabotage in the NFL exists on a player to player basis?  Were getting close to the cut down date.  Do you think any player would intentionally do something in order to claim a roster spot for themself?  Things like this go on in other businesses all the time I dont see how it would be different in the NFL.  I've never heard of any instances though.  What do you think?  Is anyone on the Panthers capable of this?  Have you heard of any cases of this happening?

What do you mean?  Like what would an example be?  Feeding someone laxatives so they have to miss practice? Resetting their alarm so they miss team meetings?  Hiring someone to club them in the knee?

yeah something like that or even go as far as putting something in their gatorade so they test positive on a drug test.

i'm sure somebody has done something to try and sabotage in the entire history of the league.

But this is so rare. Most people realize the affects that would have on somebody that go beyond just not getting a roster spot. Like uprooting, providing for a family, shattering somebody's dream ect.

I don't think outright sabotage happens very often if ever in the NFL. But there will be politics just like in any company.

Steve Smith and Cam have come out and said how great Armanti looked in practice. Yet I haven't heard them comment on how good Gettis has been. Why is that?

Bc Gettis wasn't impressive all camp....

reports before the games started he was sliding further down

Guest HelloWorld

I think the last 5-10 guys are so useless to the team as they probably contribute nothing but get a paycheck, so I think it's probably all about connections.

I think the last 5-10 guys are so useless to the team as they probably contribute nothing but get a paycheck, so I think it's probably all about connections.

The last 10 guys on great teams contribute. They will be potential starters who sitting on special teams making plays. And they provide depth.

It's one reason we have stunk on special teams. Our depth isn't there

Bc Gettis wasn't impressive all camp....

reports before the games started he was sliding further down

My memory may serve me wrong, but back in 2010 when LaFell and Gettis were rookies didn't Gettis look shaky at the beginning of camp? Seems like i remember him dropping passes. He was a sixth round draft pick that no one expected to make the team then he started flashing towards the tale end of camp going into the preaseason. Similar to this year? Maybe a sign of things to come.....

And now he is looking great yet these guys are mum.

That's not the point though as maybe they love Gettis. But these types of things do happen.

Well, Gettis was running bad routes and showing bad hands most of camp....so it shouldn't be a shock he wasnt praised.

Not sure Smitty is going to praise someone who showed up against backups in 2 preseason games and that is the first impressive stuff he has done in years. I don't think players are stacking the deck against Gettis from a PR standpoint

Archived