• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get ready for a Freeway Series

Matt Foley

Hmmmmmpf, I hope you're right.

But the Dodgers have cooled off. After starting out 13-0 at home they're since 1 game over .500 there. Early wins count just as much as late wins but I think two things have to happen for the Dodgers to have Championship potential. Manny must return July 3rd and have the effect he had when traded last year to the Dodgers. Next, Ned Colleti must make a move for a quality starter, maybe a "3" quality starter.

Hmmmmmpf, I hope you're right.

But the Dodgers have cooled off. After starting out 13-0 at home they're since 1 game over .500 there. Early wins count just as much as late wins but I think two things have to happen for the Dodgers to have Championship potential. Manny must return July 3rd and have the effect he had when traded last year to the Dodgers. Next, Ned Colleti must make a move for a quality starter, maybe a "3" quality starter.

The Dodgers are fine. Every team goes through slumps. It's a long season. They built a nice cushion, put it on cruise in Interleague Play, and when they get down to playing the Giants and Rockies they'll start winning again.

I'll tell you who to watch for....the Rays have very quietly snuck right back into contention. MLB has expanded standings and they have XWL (expected win loss, considering runs scored and runs allowed), and the Rays have the best XWL in the AL.

The Dodgers are quite simply the best team in the NL. The Angels have pitching problems, but I just get a gut feeling that this is the year they will get into the playoffs under the radar and win because no one expects them to.

I'll have some of what you're smoking....

The Dodgers are fine. Every team goes through slumps. It's a long season. They built a nice cushion, put it on cruise in Interleague Play, and when they get down to playing the Giants and Rockies they'll start winning again.

I'll tell you who to watch for....the Rays have very quietly snuck right back into contention. MLB has expanded standings and they have XWL (expected win loss, considering runs scored and runs allowed), and the Rays have the best XWL in the AL.

the Rays have the best record in the AL since April 30th as well........just when everybody (yankee and Sox fans) were calling them a fluke

Archived