• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow! Did anyone see this Madden/Sunday Ticket deal from Amazon?

fitty76

Hate to bust your bubble but I just had DirecTV installed last week and asked about this.... and they told me that you could not do this Madden online deal unless you were literally unable to get Diretv...ie, your location could net see the satellite or you live in an area that wont allow dish on your apartment or house. I got it free as a new subscriber but if you have cable and you buy the game and you think you can get this deal you are in for a surprise from what I have read and been told.

You can read more here official word here;

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/madden-nfl-25-247328/important-info-on-amazon-s-promotion-nfl-sunday-ti-1436739/

This is untrue.

Last year, in 2012 I bought a house (which still had a DTV dish on the roof). I went online and purchased Sunday NFL Ticket Max (i.e. computer/mobile only) for $350. During the account set up process online, there is a box that you check that says something to the effect of "my residence is unable to recieve a DTV signal." Then you Cheka a box that trees prevent a signal. I got the ticket for the entire season, no questions asked.

Your entire post above is completely incorrect. I would have never been able to buy the mobile version only, and if they really cared or checked, they would have see that the people I bought the house from had the service when they looked up my address.

I literally am living proof that you can access this without being a DTV customer. PM me if you have any other specific questions.

By the way, of course the guys who were selling/installing your new service told you that! They wanted to keep you as a customer, also, the link you provided was a message board....not an official statement.

Seems like a good deal, been wanting Sunday Ticket. 

To be honest I'll probably trade in Madden the moment I get the code for NFL Sunday Ticket. I've had a personal vendetta against Madden for years, but finally broke over and bought Madden 13. Game played like ass and it always seems like weird sh*t annoyed me, like when I was playing my friend and he was using Bob Griffin. He was vertical after Hardy hit him, basically on the ground during a sack, then suddenly out of nowhere he throws a 70 yard bomb, sidearm down the field for a touchdown. Took me back to the days of getting intercepted by Urlacher after he jumped 10 feet into the air with a behind the back one handed interception in Madden 07. I honestly get my jollies playing NFL Head Coach 09.

So my sister in law works at Game Stop. She says that you can take the sealed copy of Madden 25 to Walmart, and they will give you the value $59.99 of the game back in either cash or store credit.

Fucking winning.

If I had to guess, the promo code is probably inside the case, meaning you'll have to unseal the copy. I could be wrong though.

Seems like a good deal, been wanting Sunday Ticket.

To be honest I'll probably trade in Madden the moment I get the code for NFL Sunday Ticket. I've had a personal vendetta against Madden for years, but finally broke over and bought Madden 13. Game played like ass and it always seems like weird sh*t annoyed me, like when I was playing my friend and he was using Bob Griffin. He was vertical after Hardy hit him, basically on the ground during a sack, then suddenly out of nowhere he throws a 70 yard bomb, sidearm down the field for a touchdown. Took me back to the days of getting intercepted by Urlacher after he jumped 10 feet into the air with a behind the back one handed interception in Madden 07. I honestly get my jollies playing NFL Head Coach 09.

You would have hated me in NFL Fever, I would make you fumble or throw a pick about every play while controlling Urlacher.

This is untrue.

Last year, in 2012 I bought a house (which still had a DTV dish on the roof). I went online and purchased Sunday NFL Ticket Max (i.e. computer/mobile only) for $350. During the account set up process online, there is a box that you check that says something to the effect of "my residence is unable to recieve a DTV signal." Then you Cheka a box that trees prevent a signal. I got the ticket for the entire season, no questions asked.

Your entire post above is completely incorrect. I would have never been able to buy the mobile version only, and if they really cared or checked, they would have see that the people I bought the house from had the service when they looked up my address.

I literally am living proof that you can access this without being a DTV customer. PM me if you have any other specific questions.

By the way, of course the guys who were selling/installing your new service told you that! They wanted to keep you as a customer, also, the link you provided was a message board....not an official statement.

No, it is true, you just lied and said a tree blocked your signal so you were able to do it...

Straight from Directv site: "The details for non customers who are unable to obtain service, this means not able to set up an account with us at this time. This would provide a code to allow you online access to the season viewing of the games."

So my statement was correct, you can only do it if you "cant get service" or lie and say you cant get service.

Gonna let you guys in on my little secret.

Get a proxy in the Netherlands. Browse through your proxy to gamepass.nfl.com on your computer or mobile device. HDMI to tv. Profit.

Might cost you only twenty bucks for the entire season if you know what you're doing. Every game from preseason to super bowl in high definition. Plus NFL Network and RedZone.

I canceled my directv subscription two years ago and haven't looked back.

You're welcome.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No, it is true, you just lied and said a tree blocked your signal so you were able to do it...

Straight from Directv site: "The details for non customers who are unable to obtain service, this means not able to set up an account with us at this time. This would provide a code to allow you online access to the season viewing of the games."

So my statement was correct, you can only do it if you "cant get service" or lie and say you cant get service.

Well duh, you have to lie about not being able to recieve the signal! My point being they do not have a way to check to see if indeed you can/can't recieve a signal. So if you go on their website and check the box that says "I am unable to recieve a signal", then you will get immediate acces.

Think about it from a business standpoint. Do you know how much with would cost DTV to send someone out to every single house that makes the claim they can't recieve a signal? It will cost millions of dollars.

And again, to my point, last year I paid $350 for the moble/computer version of the Sunday Ticket without being a DTV customer, and it worked exactly as I said.

Archived