• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow! Did anyone see this Madden/Sunday Ticket deal from Amazon?

fitty76

It's confusing because I'm subscribed to Comcast but that doesn't mean I can't get Direct Tv in my area, I'm sure a neighbor down the street has it, but it sounds like I'm fudged if I decide to get this just for the Sunday ticket, I'm tired of firstrowsports bull quality

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Anyone with Mac skills answer this....

Can I use the online ticket on my Mac, then plug in Apple TV on my projector and watch the games on the big screen?

I don't have an Apple TV, but was considering this option if it will work

Thanks

I actually have an Apple TV and was wondering this. The NFL Preseason Live app let you AirPlay stream last year, but that feature was removed in this year's version of the app, so I'm not sure if Sunday Ticket will have AirPlay streaming work. I don't know if this would work, but you could get a Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI output for your Mac (http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA825ZM/A/belkin-mini-displayport-to-hdmi-cable-2-m65-ft?fnode=51) and hook your laptop directly into the receiver (although this might not work if your receiver is super high).  

Although now that I think about it, I don't see why if you have a newer Mac (2011-onward), that you couldn't just use the AirPlay Mirroring feature with an Apple TV to project your laptop screen onto your projector: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

Hate to bust your bubble but I just had DirecTV installed last week and asked about this.... and they told me that you could not do this Madden online deal unless you were literally unable to get Diretv...ie, your location could net see the satellite or you live in an area that wont allow dish on your apartment or house.  I got it free as a new subscriber but if you have cable and you buy the game and you think you can get this deal you are in for a surprise from what I have read and been told.

You can read more here official word here;

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/madden-nfl-25-247328/important-info-on-amazon-s-promotion-nfl-sunday-ti-1436739/

Can I use the online ticket on my Mac, then plug in Apple TV on my projector and watch the games on the big screen?

Thanks

A MacBook will plug directly into your TV with any adapter cable.  I do that all the time, and it looks great.  The video card on iMacs will not resolve to 1080, as they are designed for higher resolution displays.  You can still plug an iMac into your TV, I've done that too, but it won't be true 1080.  It will be close, with letterbox.  If you have an option, a MacBook or MacMini is better, as they will display true 1080 to your HDTV.

If you use AppleTV and Airplay, you can play what's on your iPhone or iPad directly.  The current version of OSX (Mountain Lion) will also allow you to play your computer display over airplay.  Note that this will work for your iMac.

From Apple.com:

AirPlay Mirroring is made for an audience. Because with a click, what’s on your Mac is also on your HDTV.4 It’s easy to set up with Apple TV. Show web pages and videos to friends on the couch, share lessons with a classroom, or present to a conference room. AirPlay audio streams the music, podcasts, and other audio on your Mac to AirPlay-enabled speakers. It’s a big deal for your Mac. And for everyone around it.

I have Snow Leopard, so I have not done this myself.  I'm planning to get a new MacBook when the next models are released in a couple of months, so I'm not going to bother upgrading.

Thanks

Yes it will work, i do it often, however as mentioned by another user you have to have a newer mac running OS 10.8 (Mtn Lion)...you may suffer resolution issues however on your tv when you mirror depending on what res the mobile version of Sunday Ticket is broadcast in.  If you already have a mac and its an older OS there are 3rd party software work-arounds to mirror as well (Airparrot is one).

Archived