• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow! Did anyone see this Madden/Sunday Ticket deal from Amazon?

fitty76

I know the site doesn't say anything about DirectTV requiring you to be a sub, but you probably have to be, that's the catch a lot of people ran into AFTER buying the game.  EA says one thing but DirectTV is saying another.  I'd ask DirectTV first.

I know the site doesn't say anything about DirectTV requiring you to be a sub, but you probably have to be, that's the catch a lot of people ran into AFTER buying the game.  EA says one thing but DirectTV is saying another.  I'd ask DirectTV first.

Nope, read the link I posted:

Yes, the offer that says the code is intended for folks who don't have access to DirecTV in their area. This is throwaway language mandated by lawyers who read contracts for the league and its network partners. There is no way for DirecTV to tell if you legitimately can access your service if you tell it you can't (which you will be asked to do when you redeem this code.)

Even if you live in a zipcode that has 25 DirecTV contractors within a mile, you could be renting a house whose landlord refuses to let you mount a dish on the roof. DirecTV is legitimately inaccessible to you in such a case, and it's quite common. You could be a sophomore in a dorm or an 86-year-old man in assisted living. Your computer is unable to derive the truth of these circumstances by your zipcode or IP address, and the NSA is not going to tell DirecTV you could subscribe but you're too cheap to do it.

This kind of charade is necessary because the NFL has a bunch of TV contracts, not to mention its own network, that it needs to protect. So even if DirecTV is willing and able to give you its service over a computer or tablet screen without a subscription, if it or EA Sports aggressively promoted that, it might piss off one of the networks that paid zillions for the right to broadcast these same games over the air.

I get your hesitation, but I'm pretty confident Amazon checked the details before listing it on their site.  They're not looking for bad pub after selling something the majority of people who buy it can't use.  From the FAQ page....

What is included with Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition?
  • Madden NFL 25 standard edition for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3
  • One Madden Ultimate Team pack per week for the 17 weeks of the NFL season
  • Access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.
  • Additional offers from DirecTV

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

I don't have DirecTV service, but I'd like to sign up. What offers are available to me?

In addition to access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices, the Anniversary Edition includes an exclusive promotional code. When redeemed, this offers a $10 discount per month for the first year of service, in addition to NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge. This includes HD viewing on your TV of every NFL game, up to eight games at once on the Mix Channel, and more.

If I have DirecTV service and standard NFL Sunday Ticket, will this give me access on computer, tablet, and mobile devices?

Yes, each Anniversary Edition includes a unique code that entitles a purchaser to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

If I have DirecTV service but not NFL Sunday Ticket, what does this offer me?

You can use the included code to access NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Are there limited quantities of the Anniversary Edition?

Yes, there are a limited number of units, available only at Amazon.

Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?

No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

What tablet and mobile devices are compatible with NFL Sunday Ticket?

Please see the DirecTV Answer Center here for a list of supported devices.

Can you just stream the games with a computer or do you have to sign up for the whole package with a dish and all that?

Just a computer or tablet.  If you have a laptop with an HDMI port or one on your video card you're in business!

Where did you hear that the sunday ticket will not be on the PS3 this year?

PlayStation has confirmed to IGN that NFL Sunday Ticket will not return to the PS3 this season. A PlayStation representative did not elaborate as to why the app won't be returning, but Microsoft did make a point of touting its partnership with the NFL for the Xbox One back in May.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/no-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-ps3-this-year

From the FAQ:

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

There you go. $99 for the whole season, web only.

i don't need sunday nfl ticket.  i get all the panthers games and after that i just watch the nfl redzone channel when we aren't playing.  madden sucks balls every year now, i CAN'T cave and buy it this year

I'm done with first row, I'd rather take a bullet then do one more season with that. And when you live in Tenn, you get to watch the top of the line football action that is Titan football, not Panther.

It sucks, I was gonna finally do PS3 sunday ticket this year and then.... LOL XBOX NOW!!! ugh.

So yeah, I'll be doing this. I want to watch Panther football. Not Panther highlights.

Archived