• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

King & Rosario

Cat Fanboy

I said it in another thread and I truly believe Rosario is on his way out. I think Barnidge will pass not only Rosario on the depth Chart but King too. Jeff King has been solid for us. His run blocking cannot be underestimated, but Barnidge is 6'5" and has been improving his blocking. He is a huge target with very good hands.

Rosario for whatever reasons delayed surgery until after the draft. Why? I haven't heard of a valid reason. My only thought is he is not dedicated to the team. Seems he should of had the surgery after the season and been at least partially recovered before the mini-camps and OTA's. He will probably miss most of pre-season. Maybe he saw the light at the end of the tunnel and figured he would be better off being on the IR then being cut.

With the addition of Fiammatti we will carry two FB, and Lloyd and Kasey make two kickers. I don't see a need for three tight ends. I may be wrong and it is only a gut feel but I believe Rosario is gone.

There is better talent on this team than to keep a 3rd TE. Though Rosario is good he kinda reminds me of Colbert. Showed promise his rookie season and garbage since. I believe he is Odd man out but will be employed with another team.

Go Panthers

I think Rosario will likely be here since we will assuredly carry 3 TEs on the team. With a lot of 2 TE sets we will have to have at least 1 backup active in the event someone gets nicked up. If we only have 2 TEs on the roster there is no way all three make it through the year with no issues and it would limit our optons.

Honestly, I'd love to see us use our tight ends like modified wingbacks. A wingback busts the linebacker at the point of attack allowing the fullback to take out a second defender, breaking the runningback free.

If the tight end keeps slamming the same linebacker again and again, the linebacker eventually will start avoiding the tight end in an effort to get to the running back. At that point, the tight end can break into the flat uncovered, perfect for a play-action pass.

Or we could just keep flinging it downfield to Smitty. That, after all, does seem to work pretty good for us.

I think Rosario will likely be here since we will assuredly carry 3 TEs on the team. With a lot of 2 TE sets we will have to have at least 1 backup active in the event someone gets nicked up. If we only have 2 TEs on the roster there is no way all three make it through the year with no issues and it would limit our optons.

I think with the addition of a second FB we have to cut a position somewhere. I think Fiammatti could very possibly fill in for a third TE. POSSIBLY. I guess it will come down to keeping a TE or WR. One of those positions will be where our trim comes from. OL Depth is much more important that TE and like I as Fiammatti could fill in in a crunch.

QUOTE=Khyber53;2084006]Honestly, I'd love to see us use our tight ends like modified wingbacks. A wingback busts the linebacker at the point of attack allowing the fullback to take out a second defender, breaking the runningback free.

If the tight end keeps slamming the same linebacker again and again, the linebacker eventually will start avoiding the tight end in an effort to get to the running back. At that point, the tight end can break into the flat uncovered, perfect for a play-action pass.

Or we could just keep flinging it downfield to Smitty. That, after all, does seem to work pretty good for us.

I think with the addition of a second FB we have to cut a position somewhere. I think Fiammatti could very possibly fill in for a third TE. POSSIBLY. I guess it will come down to keeping a TE or WR. One of those positions will be where our trim comes from. OL Depth is much more important that TE and like I as Fiammatti could fill in in a crunch.

We had 3 TEs last year and will keep the same ones this year. Fiammetti couldn't fill in for a TE. It does happen that TEs can fill in for fullbacks in some sets but it wouldn't work the other way around at least not in this case.

If Goodson makes the roster we will have to cut someone somewhere. It may be an extra O-line guy who we stash on the practice squad and activate him later if we have injuries or it could be a receiver which will be a tough place to cut already with all the talent. There will be several guys on the bubble.

Archived