• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's bring the MLS to Charlotte

CardiacCats

MLS wants to add 4 new teams by 2020, NC is a possible destination.  This would be AWESOME.  MLS, while not that great of a league, games are fun as hell to go to.  Build us a 25,000 seat stadium and boom we'd get that place rocking.  Remember when Costa Rica and Mexico played in Charlotte a few years ago?  They packed it.  There is a large hispanic population in the community that would love to have a team, let's start campaigning.  

Let's ask the question. How many of you guys go to Charlotte eagles games? Soccer is fun to play but very boring to watch unless you are watching the top players in the world. Mls definitely doesn't have those. Although if we could attract a crowd like Seattle does I would go.

Let's ask the question. How many of you guys go to Charlotte eagles games? Soccer is fun to play but very boring to watch unless you are watching the top players in the world. Mls definitely doesn't have those. Although if we could attract a crowd like Seattle does I would go.

I used to go to Charlotte Eagles games all the time when I was younger.  MLS is fun to watch, and the Eagles were exciting as a kid, but going to a "Pro" game loses some of its luster when its not the top league.  Its the same as with a lot of people wanting a MLB team, but turnouts for the Knights aren't particularly spectacular.  The minor leagues just isn't as exicting as a major league team.

I'll agree that Raleigh would be a much better city for a team than Charlotte, but the greedy soccer fan in me hopes Charlotte gets a team and people will start appreciating and supporting the sport....not likely.....

i would love for this to happen. I say retro fit Memorial stadium and make it soccer specific but with the ability to still have high school football.

there is a large enough Latino population that there would be a great core of soccer fans already in place. plus so many from outside the US that live here.

Archived