• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Thoughts on how the NFC will finish

frash.exe

I don't think the Cardinals will have another Cinderella late season surge like last year. I do think they were a one hit wonder and will not win more than 10 games at best. I think after they made it to the SB people forgot that this was a middle of the road 9-7 team last season before they had that nice little run at the end. If Delhomme doesn't poo the bed in the playoffs would we even be discussing the Cardinals as a top team in the league? Smoke and Mirrors.

NFC West: I think the cardinals win this division pretty easily. I don't think Houshmanzadeh by himself will be enough to lead the seahawks back to the dance. I also think the rams and niners are one year away. One of those two teams will be in it for a while though.

NFC North: Solid division outside of detroit, who I do think win at least 4 games this season. Green Bay will be better under a dom capers defense and will contend. The division will be won by either Chicago or Minnesota. If Minnesota gets Favre, I think Chicago takes the division. Childress will get away from his gameplan if favre is involved and it will be detrimental to what they are trying to do in Minny. Cutler will make the bears vastly improved, especially with forte in the backfield.

3. NFC East: Tough division. I think the eagles and giants are the main players with the cowboys hanging around for a while. I think the eagles take the divsion and the giants take the wildcard. Wade Phillips and Jim Zorn will both be out of work by seasons end.

4. NFC South: Tougher division. Tampa will be good, but not great. They will win some games they aren't supposed to and will lose some games they shouldn't. I think they could contend, but their QB situation is too questionable. Falcons, Saints, and Panthers will battle for the division and only one team will emerge with a playoff berth because these teams will beat each other up. The schedule will make it tough for any of these teams to win more than 10 games. In the end i'll say the panthers and be a homer, but I can't find fault with anyone wanting to say the falcons or the saints should make it.

My NFC Standings

1. Arizona: (12-4)

2. Chicago: (11-5)

3. Philly: (11-5)

4. Carolina: (10-6)

5. NYG: (11-5)

6. Minnesota (10-6)

Minnesota at Philly: Philly wins this one simply because of some Favre mistakes

NYG at Carolina: I don't think Carolina loses at home in the playoffs for two straight year

Carolina at Arizona: I don't like our secondary so i'll take Arizona

Philly at Chicago: Great game, I think Philly's defense would be too much for a bears offense

Philly at Arizona: Rematch of last year and I like Philly to win. A healthy westbrook makes all the difference though

just fyi: My AFC picks

1. Pittsburgh

2. New England

3. Indianapolis

4. San Diego (easily the worst divsion in football)

5. NY Jets

6. Jacksonville

what a fall from grace the AFC West took. That used to be regarded as one of the most competitive divisions in football a few years ago. Then KC plunged and Denver's defense became pitiful.

NFC

1. Philly - Getting AFC West will probably be the difference for Philly getting the top seed.

2. Arizona - Just like riding a bike .... now that they got this winning thing down, Cards will keep doing it.

3. Carolina - Panthers have the right pieces together to be a playoff contender for the next few years.

4. Minnesota - A 3 team race, but AP should carry the Vikes to the playoffs.

5. Atlanta - Get used to the Falcons. In 5 years, Carolina-Atlanta should be one of the hottest divisional rivalries.

6. N.Y. Giants - Vagies still have enough to thwart GB, CHI, and SF. New season same field.

AFC:

1. New England - Healthy Brady should help NE get best record.

2. Pittsburgh - Steelers should be geared to make a serious repeat run.

3. San Diego - If Bolts play with a chip on their shoulders all year, they may break through.

4. Houston - Yep, I'm drinking the Texan Kool-Aid. I just hope that Jim Jones didn't make it.

5. Indianapolis - With some uncertainty, Colts ripe for picking, but still playoff caliber.

6. Baltimore - D and improving Flacco should ensure a repeat trip to the postseason.

NFC West: I think the cardinals win this division pretty easily. I don't think Houshmanzadeh by himself will be enough to lead the seahawks back to the dance. I also think the rams and niners are one year away. One of those two teams will be in it for a while though.

NFC North: Solid division outside of detroit, who I do think win at least 4 games this season. Green Bay will be better under a dom capers defense and will contend. The division will be won by either Chicago or Minnesota. If Minnesota gets Favre, I think Chicago takes the division. Childress will get away from his gameplan if favre is involved and it will be detrimental to what they are trying to do in Minny. Cutler will make the bears vastly improved, especially with forte in the backfield.

3. NFC East: Tough division. I think the eagles and giants are the main players with the cowboys hanging around for a while. I think the eagles take the divsion and the giants take the wildcard. Wade Phillips and Jim Zorn will both be out of work by seasons end.

4. NFC South: Tougher division. Tampa will be good, but not great. They will win some games they aren't supposed to and will lose some games they shouldn't. I think they could contend, but their QB situation is too questionable. Falcons, Saints, and Panthers will battle for the division and only one team will emerge with a playoff berth because these teams will beat each other up. The schedule will make it tough for any of these teams to win more than 10 games. In the end i'll say the panthers and be a homer, but I can't find fault with anyone wanting to say the falcons or the saints should make it.

My NFC Standings

1. Arizona: (12-4)

2. Chicago: (11-5)

3. Philly: (11-5)

4. Carolina: (10-6)

5. NYG: (11-5)

6. Minnesota (10-6)

Minnesota at Philly: Philly wins this one simply because of some Favre mistakes

NYG at Carolina: I don't think Carolina loses at home in the playoffs for two straight year

Carolina at Arizona: I don't like our secondary so i'll take Arizona

Philly at Chicago: Great game, I think Philly's defense would be too much for a bears offense

Philly at Arizona: Rematch of last year and I like Philly to win. A healthy westbrook makes all the difference though

Damn, and I like the Eagles! the scoreboard will probably read 6-2 in the end

Archived