• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Thoughts on how the NFC will finish

frash.exe

The records are give and take, I'm not even sure if they add up right, but give or take a game or two and you know the general idea is there.

1. Philadelphia Eagles (12-4)-I see the Eagles as the home playoff team throughout here.

2. Chicago Bears (11-5)-The addition of Cutler to a still solid defense and a running game that is more than adequate can mean a lot of good things for Chi town. But how well will he do in the Playoffs?

3. New Orleans Saints (9-7)-Saints somehow win the South by virtue of best division record (5-1, only loss to Carolina)

4. San Francisco 49ers (8-8)-The 49ers are my sleeper team along with new coach Mike Singletary. They'll start out slow (3-5), however win 5 of their last 8 games, including a pivotal division matchup against AZ in week 14 to secure the division in the last week with an easy win against the floppable Rams

5. New York Giants (11-5)-The loss of Derrick Ward hurts, however with a new infusion of WRs, and a fortified defensive line (as if it wasn't imposing enough), the Giants easily clinch a wildcard in mid-December)

6. Carolina Panthers (9-7)-Strong running game + a much improved defensive scheme combats the tougher schedule to earn a playoff berth. Go 4-2 in the division, 2-2 against the NFC East (wins against Dallas and Washington), 2-2 against the AFC East (wins against the Bills/Dolphins and Jets) and break even in interconference battles.

------------Playoff Seeds---------------------

7. Atlanta Falcons (9-7)-The Falcons lose out on a playoff berth by finishing 3rd in division games because they went 2-4 within the South. Too bad they loaded up on their interconference (2-0) and AFC East battles (3-1, only loss to New England)

8. Green Bay Packers (9-7)-Green Bay will fall short of playoff contention as they struggle a bit early on with a newly found 3-4 defense, but start catching their stride later on in the season.

9. Dallas Cowboys (8-8)-Yea I don't see Dallas doing particularly well, especially with a spastastic QB, and a draft that didn't exactly replenish talent. They will collectively beat up on other teams (6-4), however get swept by NY and Philly (2-4). TO, despite being on an equally mediocre Bills team, will spout on about how they can't make it without him.

10. Arizona Cardinals (7-9)-I'm suspecting a dropoff here.

11. Minnesota Vikings (7-9)-The Favrinator isn't going to be the Vikings' savior. He'll fizzle out near the end of the season just like he did last year with the Jets, ...maybe even sooner

12. Seattle Seahawks (6-10)-Seahawks aren't going to be much improved, even with the addition of Curry on the defense. Housh will produce and Hasselbeck will bounce back to a certain degree but I personally think Mora isn't a very good coach, and won't lead the team well.

13. Washington Redskins (5-11)-Yea that's the end of that "NO NFC TEAM FINISHES BELOW .500" streak. In a different division Zorn could probably contend but the East is stacked. A QB/Coach feud is born as tensions mount throughout the season between Campbell and Zorn and the Snyder/Cerrato is left to mull whether to keep Joe or extend their QB.

14. Detroit Lions (4-12)-They'll still suck

15. St Louis Rams (4-12)-See above

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-13)-They'll finish dead last in NFC seeding, the defense will show their age and struggle without Monte Kiffin, Josh Freeman won't see the field until week 14, and go 2-2 in games. A remarkable performance, but still a LOT of work to do in Tampa Bay.

PLAYOFFS

Wild-card weekend

Carolina @ New Orleans-The NFC South battle commences, Panthers prove the superior team, run all over the Saints defense, and win. (PANTHERS 34, SAINTS 23)

NY Giants @ San Fran-Singletary's dream season comes to an end with a dominating performance. Oh well Mike, you still hosted a playoff game your first year as coach, how many HCs have been able to do that in the NFL? (GIANTS 41, 49ERS 10)

Divisional Round

Carolina @ Philadelphia-The Panthers have never matched up well with the Eagles (I know, it sucks). The defense is very well capable of stopping our running game (they shut down the Giants' three headed monster twice in a row last season) and without that it's Jake Delhomme against somebody's secondary in the postseason and that won't be good for us. (EAGLES 20, PANTHERS 12)

NY Giants @ Chicago-The Giants will go on the road again to Soldier field and upset the Bears in the first close NFC playoff matchup in the postseason. A close game featuring solid QBing, timely defensive plays and solid running. Cutler will start rallying the offense to try to win the game however one of the WRs will fumble on a reception, and a Giants DB will recover and return the ball in field goal territory. (GIANTS 27, BEARS 21)

NFC Championship

NY Giants @ Philadelphia-The Giants will run out of gas in the Championship game. Philly will win a close battle to clinch a SB berth. But can Donovan McNabb finally get his ring? (that will be the SB 44 storyline) (EAGLES 20, GIANTS 17)

Eagles to the Superbowl.

Post your own story.

Nice write up, but I seriously doubt it will be an all NFC East Champ game. I will agree two east teams will be in the playoffs, but not in the nfc champ game.

why not? Two AFC North teams were in the AFCC game just last year, so it is definitely possible, especially with the competitiveness of the teams in the East.

Good write up, very logical. The Eagles talentwise I could see going the distance in the NFC, but McNabb made it through a full season injury free last year, I'm guessing that the sun won't shine on him two years in a row. I think the defense will miss Dawkins more than expected, and I'd put them on the playoff bubble. I think Green Bay's defense improves and they win the North.

I can't help but think that losing JJ for awhile will hurt the Eagles' main and constant strength,their defense. I heard someone comment that the guy taking over is well versed in the philosophy but JJ's ability to know what to call when isn't a realistic thing to expect from the fill in DC. Makes sense to me. Certainly it SHOULD help the Panthers that they play the Eagles in game one, but you never know since the Eagles have their #.

I like your thoughts on the 49ers. This is their major turn-a-round year imo, but they won't make the playoffs. That division is always up for grabs, and I believe Seattle is a much improved/forgotten team.

I predict something more like this (with 2 surprises):

1. Eagles

2. Packers

3. Panthers

4. Seahawks

5. Falcons

6. Giants

Minn., Arizona, and NO all have legit shots, but also have major holes.

1. Falcons (13-3)

2. Eagles (11-5)

3. Cardinals (11-5)

4. Packers (10-6)

5. Panthers (10-6)

6. Bears (9-7)

Cards over Bears (44-20)

Panthers over Packers (21-17)

Panthers over Eagles (35-28)

Falcons over Cards (52-45)

Panthers over Falcons (27-24)

I'm such a homer :(

1. Falcons (13-3)

2. Eagles (11-5)

3. Cardinals (11-5)

4. Packers (10-6)

5. Panthers (10-6)

6. Bears (9-7)

Cards over Bears (44-20)

Panthers over Packers (21-17)

Panthers over Eagles (35-28)

Falcons over Cards (52-45)

Panthers over Falcons (27-24)

I'm such a homer :(

The Cards might win, but there is no way the Cards put up 44 on Chicago(especially in the playoffs). Mods please archive this thread.

Archived