• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think that the bump-and-run will fare well?

top dawg

The rule book has just about killed the bump and run and made it where you need corners that can run with the receivers and have a closing burst in order to close distance. Harris is not a great coverage back but is more of a punisher or enforcer and makes people pay for making catches. That makes for a tough defense to pass against and that causes the QB to hold the ball a second longer and that makes for DEs to have high sack #s.

No it didn't. It made bumping after 5 yards illegal, but until then all bets are off. Since one of the main bitches on this board for years is that we lay off the receivers for 10 yards, I'd love to see bump and run...

mike minter at his best was just average so im not sure how difficult it will be for godfrey to surpass him

only thing Godfrey has done so far is get Ken Lucas kicked to the curb.....Godfrey was bad last year. He has a long way to go to even be thought of as a Mike Minter (and Minter was very good outside of his last couple seasons when he got too old).

i know some might hate me for this but i just thought i should mention when looking at madden rating, which are rooted off some fact, something i dont feel like looking up, captain munnerlyn has 10 points more press coverage ability than any other player on our roster. I guess he must have been pretty damn good in college? thought it was interesting too that it was soo high for such a late round pick.

only thing Godfrey has done so far is get Ken Lucas kicked to the curb.....Godfrey was bad last year. He has a long way to go to even be thought of as a Mike Minter (and Minter was very good outside of his last couple seasons when he got too old).

you're ignoring a lot out to make that statement...

Archived