• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hello

panthers roar

Hi, I'm from the UK and recently spent a great week in Charlotte.

Alwyas been a fan of the NFL - ever since they started showing on TV here back in the early 80's - but didn't follow any specific team.

Was in Charlotte for a week as the company I work for have their HQ in Charlotte. Found the people really friendly and helpful and cant wait to go back at some point in the future.

The one thing I was surprised by was the amount of trees - when you come into land all you can see is that covering of trees. It was beautiful.

Yes...the Carolinas are beautiful and still covered (for the most part) by the beautiful pine trees which are sprinkled by other trees like maples, oaks, and my beloved magnolias and dogwoods. I do get wistful and homesick (since I live in PA) sometimes.

Welcome to the Huddle!

Hope you can make it to Charlotte during football season! That's the BEST time to be there!!

Welcome. Thanks for the compliments.

I recently saw a documentary of Wales on one of the HD channels. It was just camera shots from a helicopter with some guy narrating. It was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. Wow you got a lot of castles over there!

Bath is very nice and the South West is popular with surfers.

Hadn't thought about it but yeah I guess there are a lot of castles here.

When people visit the UK a lot concentrate on London which is fine as there is a lot to do but they miss other parts of the UK. Edinburgh for instance is brilliant - and yep they have a damn fine castle

• 3 weeks later...

Archived