• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Meeks bring out some leadership/fire in Peppers?

The Question

LOL@ trgobox...you should copyright that one!

You are right, I can see Brown stepping up to be a leader on the DL eventually. He has the motor and character for it.

:willy_nilly: I was thinking the same thing, trgobox....good one!

I think we have a number of players on the defense who have the personality type and leadership skills to fill that "leadership" role that Peppers isn't much interested in. Let him play and tap into his speed and agility to get to the QBs. Let him harness on what he does best instead of trying to force him to be the vocal "leader" when that is apparent it's not part of his best skill set. He leads better by example and getting the job done, rather than trying to be inspirational through words.

Folks need to realize the Pep does not wish to lead the defense. He is not vocal in a rah-rah kind of way. His wish is to do his job the way he wants, collect his paycheck, and go home.

The heart,passion,fire you would want to see out of your best player he just doesn't possess.

However the passing of the torch has already begun, Jon Beason will make everything alright.

Archived